Site ColumnsBy Caillan
January 15, 2002 - 3:16 PM
Next semester's books arrived today - yippee! I can't wait to get stuck into my new subjects, so this'll help the holidays pass a bit quicker.
However, I still have a major problem. You may remember me writing about my bag woes a while back. I haven't bought a new one yet, unfortunately, and it's something that I desperately need. The old one has a massive gaping hole down one side now, so it's practically unusable. As I found out at the cinemas when all the lollies I was smuggling in started to poke out the bottom.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Greet William Shatner (James T. Kirk) in his first post at the TrekBBS!
- Is 'Imperfection' the perfect episode?
- What did you know of Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer) before Enterprise?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on January 15, 2000:
- 'Good Shepherd' Spoilers
Details on Voyager's upcoming 'Good Shepherd' were provided by a leaked casting sheet. All the main guest characters - Billy Telfer, Tal Celes and Mortimer Harren - were included, revealing this would be a 'Lower Decks' style episode.
- Braga Talks Series V
Voyager executive producer Brannon Braga gave his thoughts on the Series V premise. "It can't just be another group of people on a ship with a different name," he said. "It has to have something about it that will give people a compelling reason to watch, without straying too far away from the core elements. How exactly that will develop is hard to say at this point, so I couldn't imagine anything getting on the air before January or fall 2001." In the end Series V, now known as Enterprise, premiered in September 2001.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Sins of the Father' at 8:00 p.m and 'The Drumhead' at 11:00 p.m Easern time.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Bread and Circuses' at 6:00 p.m.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Way to Eden' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m eastern time, with TNG's 'Menage A Troi' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Progress' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Tattoo' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Metamorphosis' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT. Sky One will show Voyager's 'Investigations' at 17:00 and BBC 2 will show Voyager's 'Critical Care' at 18:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing Enterprise's 'Silent Enemy'. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
When Enterprise is attacked by an unidentified enemy ship, the crew must work frantically to get their new phase cannons to operate. Meanwhile, Archer realizes that no one knows Reed well enough to give him a personalized birthday gift.
Further information can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Allegiance' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and TNG's 'Half a Life' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Assignment: Earth' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Cloud Minders' at 10:00am Eastern Time, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Transfigurations' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'If Wishes Were Horses' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Cold Fire' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Deadlock' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 00:00. BBC2 will be showing TNG's 'Arsenal of Freedom' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing TNG's 'Allegiance' at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule!