Episode Title: 'Dead Stop'
Episode Number: 204
Synopsis: "Enterprise, in desperate need of extensive repairs, docks with a mysterious, high-tech, automated space station that inexplicably and amazingly fixes everything, making it almost too good to be true. While waiting for the repairs to be completed, the Enterprise crew searches the unmanned space station and discovers its unique and horrifying power source."
Written By: Mike Sussman & Phyllis Strong.
Directed By: Roxann Dawson
- Roxann Dawson [uncredited] as Computer Voice
- John Billingsley: "It's a terrific episode. There is this space station that is used for repairs and we are desperately seeking someone to help us fix the ship because we're too far away from any known facility. We arrive and it appears to be computerized and they agree to fix the ship. They appear to be doing remarkable work and seem to be asking for little in return. And then of course there's a mysterious twist as we realize there is something sinister afoot!" (August 20, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Filming was completed on Tuesday August 20. Much of the episode was shot on new sets representing the self-sufficient alien repair station. Further scenes were filmed in standard shipboard locations such as the bridge, sickbay, and the inspection pod from 'Broken Bow.' Visual effects will feature prominently in the episode, with the "character" of the station's automated computer system to be added in post-production. (August 22, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Roxann Dawson: "Just wrapped another episode of Enterprise. 'Dead Stop' will air on October 9th. It was a blast to work on! Our gang makes a deal with an automated repair station, which we discover has a mind of its own. The concept was great." (September 18, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Won a Visual Effects Society award for Best Models and Miniatures in a Televised Program, Music Video or Commercial. (February 22, 2003 - TrekToday)
- This episode was first repeated on January 1, 2003.
- Michelle Erica Green - The Trek Nation
- Richard Whettestone - First TV Drama
- C.J. Carter - ScoopMe!
- Samuel T. Cogley - Subspace Relay
- 'Captain Mac' - Trek5.com - 3/5
- Litsa Guevara - TrekPulse - 4.5/5
- O. Deus - TrekWeb
- Gisele La Roche - Voyager's Delights - A
How would you grade 'Dead Stop'?
57% - (875
23.4% - (360
Wasn't able to see it
11.4% - (175
3.9% - (60
Didn't want to see it
1.8% - (29
1.2% - (19
1.1% - (17
Read the Review