A Night In Sickbay
Episode Title: 'A Night In Sickbay'
Episode Number: 205
Synopsis: "Archer spends a fretful night in Sickbay with Dr. Phlox after Porthos, Archer's pet beagle, picks up a deadly virus on an alien planet. Meanwhile, crew members believe Archer's increased stress level is due to Porthos' illness, but Dr. Phlox suspects it has to do with Archer's repressed sexual tension and urges Archer to discuss it with T'Pol."
Written By: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga
Directed By: David Straiton
- Vaughn Armstrong as Kreetassan
- Completed filming Thursday August 8. Director David Straiton previously helmed season one's 'Desert Crossing.' (August 10, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Porthos spends the night in sickbay after he is infected with an alien pathogen - with a worried Captain Archer in tow. (August 10, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Rick Berman: "We also have a very humorous episode that has our good captain going and spending some time in Sickbay, because his dog gets sick. He moves into Sickbay the same way a mother will move into the hospital when her child gets sick, and it ends up being an 'Odd Couple' kind of an episode between the captain and Dr. Phlox. It's a lot of fun." (July 17, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Scott Bakula: "We have a huge episode that's in a sense all about my dog. He's the background of an entire episode, but he gets sick so I spend the entire episode in Sickbay with Doctor Phlox. [...] We find out a lot of stuff about him that we may not have wanted to know; like what he does when he's in his off hours - he has things to cut and trim!" (September 06, 2002 - TrekToday)
- According to SFX Magazine, this episode involves a small diplomatic incident. An alien species agrees to provide Enterprise with a plasma injector, but after Porthos uses a "beloved tree" as a toilet, they demand an apology. Because his beagle was infected on the alien planet, Archer refuses to say sorry. (October 13, 2002 - TrekToday)
How would you rate 'A Night In Sickbay'?
33.3% - (594
24.6% - (439
13.9% - (248
Wasn't able to see it
11.2% - (200
6.8% - (122
6.2% - (112
Didn't want to see it
3.7% - (66
Read the Review
Read the Parody