Episode Title: 'Cogenitor'
Episode Number: 222
Synopsis: "While studying a star in the early stages of going supernova, Enterprise encounters a race called the Vissians. The two crews get along famously, until Trip Tucker gets a little too curious about a member of the species' third gender - a nameless individual called a 'cogenitor.'"
Written By: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga
Directed By: LeVar Burton
- Andreas Katsulas as Vissian Captain
- F.J. Rio as Vissian Engineer
- Larissa Laskin as Vissian Wife (Calla)
- Becky Wahlstrom as Cogenitor
- Stacie Renna as Vissian Woman #1
- Laura Interval as Vissian Woman #2
- Rumoured to involve Trip helping an alien being, known as the Cogenitor, to expand his horizons, despite opposition from his people. (February 11, 2003 - TrekToday)
- Guest star Andreas Katsulas played Narn Ambassador G'Kar on Babylon 5 and Romulan Comamnder Tomalak in four TNG episodes. (February 28, 2003 - TrekToday)
- Principal photography on 'Cogenitor' ran from Tuesday, February 18 to Wednesday, February 26. (February 28, 2003 - TrekToday)
- LeVar Burton's third Enteprise episode after 'Terra Nova' and 'Fortunate Son.'
- Rick Berman: "[This episode] deals with a species for which three genders are necessary for conception. Although it might sound a little kinky, it doesn't come across that way. The episode focuses a lot on Trip, and I think that it's a very provocative episode that again deals with issues that are precursors to the Prime Directive."
- Michelle Erica Green - The Trek Nation
- Paul Pytlik - Lower Decks
- Monkee - Monkee's Review - 9.5/10
- C.J. Carter - ScoopMe!
- Michael Austin - Section 31 - A
- Keckler - Television Without Pity - A
- O. Deus - TrekWeb
How would you rate 'Cogenitor'?
58.5% - (673
14.7% - (170
Wasn't able to see it
12.5% - (144
Didn't want to see it
5.6% - (65
4% - (46
2.8% - (33
1.6% - (19
Read the Review