Site ColumnsBy Caillan
October 31, 2002 - 12:54 PM
Imagine this: you're stuck on a train, in the hot Australian summer. The air-conditioning breaks down, and soon the carriage begins to feel like an oven. Then dozens of sweaty, noisy schoolboys pour into said carriage. Welcome to my afternoon.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Would Gene Roddenberry have liked Enterprise?
- Does Janeway deserve to be an Admiral?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on October 31, 2000:
- Kenneth Biller Talks Season Seven
Voyager executive producer Kenneth Biller talked about his plans for the show's seventh and final season. "We've decided to see how we can resolve certain long-standing arcs for various characters," he said. "We're certainly not doing a soap opera for this seventh season, but there is going to be a slightly more serialized quality to it. We're doing a little bit more of that."
- Fred B. Phillips Memorabilia Auction
Among the items up for grabs at the Fred B. Phillips auction were a plaster "life mask" of William Shatner's (James T. Kirk) face and the rubber cast made from the head and upper chest of Persis Khambatta (Ilia).
More news can be found in the archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! Please participate in our new poll, which asks you to rate 'Marauders.',
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Catspaw' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'Sub Rosa' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'The Muse' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Barge of the Dead' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Whom Gods Destroy' at 14:00 GMT. Sky One will show the Next Generation episode 'Devil's Due' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Deadly Years' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'The Alternate Factor' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Mind's Eye' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Wire' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Darkling' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Past Tense' at 06:00 GMT, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'Let that Be Your Last Battlefield' at 14:00, and Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Clues' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing 'Star Trek: Insurrection' at 20:15 CET.