Kenneth Biller Talks Season SevenBy Christian
November 1, 2000 - 1:06 AM
The latest issue of the official Star Trek Magazine features a very long interview with Kenneth Biller, as of this year executive producer on 'Star Trek: Voyager', and a transcript of the interview has gone up at VoyagerView. Below are some of the most interesting bits of information revealed in the interview:
- As this is the final year, the show will deal more closely with continuity issues. "We've decided to see how we can resolve certain long-standing arcs for various characters. We're certainly not doing a soap opera for this seventh season, but there is going to be a slightly more serialized quality to it. We're doing a little bit more of that"
- The first 13 episodes as well as the final 5 have already been mapped out.
- The ship will not be coming home simply through conventional means, as in that way the journey would still last about thirty years. However, this year will see many of the characters coping with the prospect of spending a large part of their lives on Voyager.
- In one upcoming story, we may see one of Tuvok's adult daughters.
- Q likely won't return.
- No decisions have been made yet on who, if anyone, will be killed off.