Site ColumnsBy Caillan
July 31, 2002 - 3:22 PM
Alas, I'm lacking inspiration today, unless you want to hear about my Latin & Greek classes (which you probably don't), or the Commonwealth Games (Australia's still at the top of the medal table - yay!).
So I'll pass you over to Which Star Trek Character Are You?
I got Locutus of Borg. How flattering.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Will Shinzon be another Khan?
- Which version of the Borg were scarier?
- What do you think of the 'Star Trek: Encyclopedia' CD-ROM?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on July 31, 2000:
- Philadelphia Convention News
At the Slanted Fedora convention in Philadelphia, Roxann Dawson (B'Elanna Torres) revealed that in addition to marrying Tom Paris, her character would also become pregnant in Voyager's seventh season.
- Sci-Fi Weekly Interviews Robert Beltran
Voyager's Robert Beltran (Chakotay) was asked why he thought Star Trek has lasted so long.
[That's] a hard one to figure out. At times I feel it's worthy of its long life; at other times, I feel it's sort of been able to achieve it by tricks and smoke and mirrors. At times it's first and foremost a television show that has the premise of being in the future. Its premise is a strong premise. What happens, though, in a television show is that you have to write episodes based on this premise and you have to keep it fresh. And it's very hard to do. I feel for the writers and the producers who have to come up with this freshness.
More news items can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the Enterprise episode Shuttlepod One. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
On a routine shuttlepod mission to investigate an asteroid field, Trip and Reed find themselves suddenly cut off from the Enterprise and become convinced that the mothership has been destroyed. With a limited oxygen supply and almost no chance of being rescued, the opposite-minded twosome must battle their annoyance with one another while also coming to terms with their impending demise.
More information can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Symbiosis' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'The Ensigns of Command' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Seres episode 'The Doomsday Machine' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Obsession' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'A Matter of Honor' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Take Me Out to the Holosuite' at 4:00 p.m and Voayger's 'Author, Author' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' at 14:00 GMT, while Sky one will show TNG's 'Justice' at 17:00. Channel 4 will show Enterprise's 'Strange New World' at 18:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Skin of Evil' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'The Ensigns of Command' at 11:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Enterprise Incident' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'Wolf in the Fold' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Measure of a Man' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Chrysalis' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Friendship One' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'The Naked Time' at 14:00 GMT. Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Battle' at 17:00. Channel 4 will be showing Enterprise's 'Unexpected' at 18:00. Sky Movies Premier 1 will be showing 'Trekkies' at 18:15. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!