News BulletsBy Caillan
December 30, 2001 - 7:09 AM
- Over at Star Trek: Hypertext, Jamahl Epsicokhan has posted his review of the 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture' Director's Edition DVD. Here's an extract from the article:
ST:TMP is not a great film and never will be. It's flawed as science fiction and flawed as Trek. But it is a good film. It's particularly good in that it withstands the test of time. After 22 years and all sorts of progress in the arena of visual effects, the film has aged well. Both the production and the storyline bear scrutiny today.
The full analysis can be found here.
- According to the Official Jeri Lynn Ryan Homepage, Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) will be a guest on The Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn on January 5. The site noted that this is probably a repeat of her November appearance.
- The rerun of Enterprise's 'Breaking The Ice' on January 9 has been replaced by a repeat of the pilot, 'Broken Bow', Psi Phi reported.
- The official site has posted a round-up of the latest appearances by Trek alumni on the stage and screen, as well as an article looking back at the franchise in 2001.
- The Psi Phi Star Trek Book Database has been updated with a description for 'The Genesis Wave, Book 3', as well as clips from the audiobook versions of Books 2 and 3, read by Tim Russ (Tuvok).
- Due to unforseen circumstances, the winners of the 'Strange New Worlds V' contest won't be announced until the end of next week. The original message from Keith R.A. DeCandido can be found here at Psi Phi.