Site ColumnsBy Caillan
June 30, 2002 - 1:07 PM
It's that time of year again - when we completely run out of poll ideas. There was a bit of an argument yesterday about which SlipstreamWeb poll question was more pathetic - with old chesnuts like 'What is your favourite character?' cropping up.
Last time we invited suggestions for the polls, quite a few good ideas landed in the inbox, so if you have one - please send it in.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Will the Remans appear in future Trek novels?
- Is Dr. Phlox the greatest Trek character ever?
- Which Original Series fight sequence is the best?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on June 30, 2002:
- Patrick Stewart On Trek X
Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) debunked the rumour that Buffy creator Joss Whedon had been asked to pen the 'Star Trek X' script. "A director has not been selected," he said. "We're really at the very earliest stages of creating a possible story for this film, and perhaps in a couple of months ... I will have more to say."
- Robert Duncan McNeill Bullets
Voyager actor Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris) talked briefly about his plans for the future. "I would love to direct and produce more. It's been a bit frustrating the last year or so, because I've had multiple opportunities to do some things out side of Star Trek, and I haven't been available. And also, as an actor, I'd love to go and do something really different than a TV show for a while."
More news items can be found in the archives.
Today is the birthday of Jeri Taylor, executive producer of Star Trek: The Next Generation, and co-creator and executive producer of Star Trek: Voyager.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Time's Arrow (part 1 of 2)' at 10:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'Time's Arrow (part 2 of 2)' at 11:00 p.m.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Fortunate Son' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show the Next Generation episode 'The First Duty' at 15:00 GMT, 'Cost of Living' at 16:00 and Enterprise's 'Shockwave' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Life Line' at 10:00pm Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Sub Rosa' at 16:00 GMT, Voyager's 'Latent Image' at 17:00, and TNG's 'The Best of Both Worlds, Part II' at 21:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, V8 will be showing TNG's 'Tapestry' at 18:00 ECT, and Nederland 2 will be showing Voyager's 'Workforce, Part II' at 20:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!