Site ColumnsBy Caillan
May 28, 2002 - 4:04 PM
McDonald's in France has apparently been advising customers that they shouldn't partake of their hearty fare more than once a week.
"[A healthy] diet is a question of balance and that balance will not be found while going to McDonald's noon and night," says the fast food outlet's web site.
While this honesty is certainly refreshing, it seems to be confined to France. The Australian branch will not be advising customers of this - indeed, they used to have leaflets containing information on the nutritional value of each product. I think I'll believe the French.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Could George Lucas make a great Trek film?
- How do they create the holodeck effect?
- British fans: What did you think of 'Vox Sola'?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on May 28, 2000:
- Trek Actors Participating In Commercials Strike
Over twenty Star Trek alumni, including William Shatner (James T. Kirk), Robert Picardo (the Holodoc), and Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard), publicly endorsed a Screen Actors Guild strike against producers of commercials.
- 'Best Of Star Trek - Volume 2' Released
Paramount released a new Star Trek music CD, a sequel to 1996's 30th anniversary special. 'Best Of Star Trek - Volume 2' contained tracks such as the Star Trek theme lounge mix, and 'Fever' from 'His Way,' sung by Nana Visitor (Kira Nerys).
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Interface' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'The Last Outpost' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Let That Be Your Last Battlefield' at 6:00pm Eastern Time and 'Miri' at 7:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Menagerie, Part I' at 10:00am and 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Lower Decks' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Darkness and the Light' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Equinox, Part I' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Birthright, Part I' at 16:00 GMT and Voyager's 'Cold Fire' at 17:00. BBC2 will be showing Voyager's 'Workforce, Part II' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, V8 will be showing TNG's 'The Outcast' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing Enterprise's 'Fight or Flight'. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
As they continue their deep space exploration, the NX-01 crew comes across an alien ship where they discover 15 humanoid corpses that seem to have been part of a scientific experiment. The horrific sight inspires Sato to panic and demand a return to Earth, but Archer insists on continuing the mission and finding out more about the abandoned dead. Trouble comes calling when the aliens that were conducting the gruesome experiments return and begin attacking Captain Archer and his team.
Further information can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Gambit, Part I' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Where No One Has Gone Before' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'The Mark of Gideon' at 6:00pm Eastern Time and 'And the Children Shall Lead' at 7:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Menagerie, Part II' at 10:00am and 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Thine Own Self' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Begotten' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Equinox, Part 2' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Birthright, Part II' at 16:00 GMT and Voyager's 'Maneuvers' at 17:00. BBC2 will be showing TNG's 'The Dauphin' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, V8 will be showing TNG's 'Cause and Effect' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!