Site ColumnsBy Caillan
October 25, 2002 - 10:34 AM
I must have seen about six episodes of Boston Public season two by now (they've been shown in double-bills), and I'm finding it very hard to take Jeri Ryan seriously.
She's a good actress, but each time she appears on screen I just see Seven strolling the halls of the school. I keep expecting her to walk into the principal's office and confess her guilt for killing so many people as a Borg...
This season doesn't seem to have gotten off to a very good start generally. Too much focus has been placed on Kathy Baker's character to the detriment of the some regular cast members, who haven't really had a chance to do much. Although I don't particularly like her character very much, I do admire Baker's ability to deliver some of the wackier lines with a straight face.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Which episode had the best teaser?
- Does the state of Trek fandom depress you?
- In Science Fiction & Fantasy: Will The X-Files be remembered for its best seasons or its decline?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on October 25, 2000:
- Kenneth Biller Promoted To Executive Producer
Trade paper Variety reported that longtime Voyager scribe Kenneth Biller had been promoted to executive producer for the show's seventh and final season. The article also mentioned that the contract included a multi-year development deal with Paramount.
- New 'Lineage' Info
Paramount Pictures released the official synopsis for the upcoming Voyager episode 'Lineage.'
Tom Paris and B'Elanna Torres reach a crossroads in their relationship which could have long-ranging effects on both of their lives. Early in her life, B'Elanna and her father joined his family on a camping trip where something happened — something that could result in B'Ellana making an irrevocable decision against Tom's will that no amount of technology can rectify.
- Review: Drive
Edward Hines awarded the 'Tom and B'Elanna finally tie the knot' episode three stars.
More news items can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Final Mission' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original SEries episode 'A Taste of Armageddon' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'Qpid' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Profit and Loss' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Alter Ego' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Plato's Stepchildren' at 14:00 GMT. Sky One will show TNG's 'Future Imperfect' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'I, Mudd' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Qpid' at 11:00am, DS9's 'Profit and Loss' at 12:00pm and Voyager's 'Alter Ego' at 1:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Real Life' at 06:00 and 15:00 GMT, 'Distant Origin' at 16:00 and TNG's 'Final Mission' at 17:00, while Channel 4 will be showing Enterprise's 'Rogue Planet' at 16:40. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Der Schachzug, Teil 1' ('Gambit, Part I') at 17:00 CET.
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'All Our Yesterdays' at 19:30, TNG's 'The Masterpiece Society' at 20:30, Voyager's 'Blood Fever' at 21:30 and DS9's 'Shakaar' at 22:30. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!