Site ColumnsBy Caillan
September 24, 2002 - 10:07 AM
Only a quick update today because I'm currently feeling like I'm crossing the English channel in a P&O ferry during a very bad storm. Anyone who has had the misfortune to endure that particular experience will no doubt sympathise with my predicament, especially since I'm on dry land.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Will we see the Enterprise-E's battle bridge in 'Nemesis'?
- What was your favourite quote from 'Shockwave, Part II'?
- What is your earliest Trek memory?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on September 24, 2000:
- J. Michael Straczynski On Star Trek
During a chat at SciFi.com, Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski was asked his opinion on Star Trek.
If I had a show in which I *knew* it would be renewed each season, that had a name going in that guaranteed an audience, that had a huge empire behind it, I'd take every opportunity to USE that venue to push stories to the wall, to do experimental stories, controversial stories, stories with teeth and claws and passion because in most situations.
- Rick Berman Interviewed
Executive producer Rick Berman spoke briefly about the conclusion to Voyager's final season. "I'm not telling, but the season is going to end in an unexpected way."
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episode 'The High Ground' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Immunity Syndrome' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Turnabout Intruder' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'Sarek' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Progress' at 4:00 p.m, and Voyager's 'Dreadnought' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Obsession' at 14:00 GMT, with Sky One showing the Next Generation's 'Booby Trap' at 17:00. BBC 2 will show TNG's 'The Survivors' at 18:20. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing Enterprise's 'Carbon Creek.' Here's how the official site describes the episode:
T'Pol tells Archer and Trip a story about her great-grandmother T'Mir and three other Vulcans who made first contact with humans after crash landing in a small Pennsylvania town in the 1950s. T'Pol's story shocks Archer and Trip because her account is much earlier and very different from what history books reported.
More information can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'A Matter of Perspective' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Final Mission' at 11:30pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Return To Tomorrow' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Shore Leave' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'The Man Trap' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Menage a Troi' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'If Wishes Were Horses' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Death Wish' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Second Sight' at 06:00 GMT, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'The Wolf In The Fold' at 14:00, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Enemy' at 17:00, and BBC2 will be showing TNG's 'Who Watches The Watchers?' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing TNG's 'The Nth Degree' at 23:50. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!