Site ColumnsBy Caillan
September 23, 2001 - 9:22 AM
Whilst trawling back through the TrekToday archives the other day, I came across a very disturbing announcement from 'High Elf Christian', originally posted in March 2000.
Public Announcement: Around Christmas 2001, TrekToday updates will be very sporadic for a while, with overall news quality taking a sharp turn for the worse. At that time, I'll namely have something much better to do with my time - namely play Bethesda Softworks' 'Morrowind' role-playing game, the third RPG in the 'Elder Scrolls' series.
Now although I was barely a glimmer in Christian's eye at that point in time, I really should have been informed of this. Because as those of you who follow my ramblings regularly (all two of you) will know, that is precisely the time that I will be playing Civilization III!
Now we won't be able to rely on Lisa either, because she's always playing some computer game or another. So herein lies the problem. We're all going to be far too busy playing computer games. Would you mind terribly if we just took the month of December off?
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Read a report on Nana Visitor's performance in 'Chicago.'
- Who would you like to see guest star on Enterprise?
- What was your favourite part of Voyager's 'Endgame'?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on September 23, 1999:
- Great Voyager Overnight Ratings
'Equinox, Part II,' the Voyager season six premiere, scored a 6.9 overnight rating, beating out the previous year's premiere, and scoring the series's highest rating since 'Dark Frontier.' UPN ranked 5th for the night, ahead of the WB.
- Official Season Six Cast Photos
The official Star Trek site released a set of 13 publicity stills for Voyager's sixth season.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today is the 52nd birthday of Rosalind Chao, who played Keiko O'Brien on TNG and DS9. It's also the 42nd birthday of Seinfeld's Jason Alexander, who appeared as Kurros in Voyager's 'Think Tank.'
Today's Television Listings
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Tapestry' at 14:00 GMT, TNG's 'Birthright, Part I' at 15:00 and TNG's 'Birthright, Part 2' at 16:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing Voyager's 'Das Pfadfinder-Projekt' ('Pathfinder') at 16:00 CET.
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'Bread And Circuses' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'Requiem For Methuselah' at 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Genesis' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'In Purgatory's Shadow' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Live Fast And Prosper' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing a TNG episode at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00, and Voyager's 'The Q And The Grey' at 21:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Gefangen in der Vergangenheit' ('Q Pid') at 16:00 CET.
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing The Original Series's 'Operation Annihilate' at 11:30pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule.