Site ColumnsBy Caillan
May 23, 2002 - 4:02 PM
Hilarious sub-plot on The West Wing the other night, as Josh discovers there's a web site devoted to him. It was quite amusing to see the scenario played out from the 'other side,' as it were, with Josh posting on the message board, only to find the regular posters attacking him.
What made the satire so perfect was that Josh posted in the wrong place, and his post was moved by a moderator, whom I believe he called "power mad." I understand the story came out of an altercation between Aaron Sorkin and fans on Television Without Pity, but whatever the initial stimulus, Sorkin's portrayal of Internet denizens was spot on - sometimes you've just gotta laugh at yourself.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Grade Enterprise's first season.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on May 23, 2000:
- DVD Bullets
The day's news included the information that Paramount intended to release special editions of the Trek films on DVD, but not all the movies would be recut.
- Official 'Andromeda' Episode List
Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda developer Robert Hewitt Wolfe released details for the first nine episodes of the series. This included the news that the episode 'All Great Neptune's Ocean' would be written by Hugo and Nebula nominee Walter Jon Williams. Further information on Andromeda can be found at our sister site, Slipstream Web.
More news can be found in the archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! Please participate in our new poll, which asks you to rate 'Shockwave.',
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Descent, Part II' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time with 'Encounter at Farpoint, Part II' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episodes 'Whom Gods Destroy' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'This Side of Paradise' at 7:00 p.m.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Miri' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'The Pegasus' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Things Past' at 4:00 p.m, and Voyager's '11:59' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show the Next Generation episode 'Aquiel' at 16:00 GMT, with Voyager's 'Non Sequitur' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Liaisons' at 8:00pm Eastern Time, 'A Matter of Time' at 9:00pm, 'Homeward' at 10:00pm, and 'The Naked Now' at 11:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Dagger of the Mind' at 10:00am and 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Homeward' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Ascent' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Relativity' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, SKy One will be showing TNG's 'Face of the Enemy' at 16:00 GMT, and Voyager's 'Parturition' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, V8 will be showing TNG's 'Power Play' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!