Site ColumnsBy Christian
April 22, 2001 - 7:33 PM
A question to all British TrekToday readers out there: do any of you know anything about the singer Sheila Nichols? I discovered her music when I bought the 'High Fidelity' soundtrack, which contained 'Fallen For You,' and then just knew that I absolutely had to have more music from her. I managed to find a copy of her (apparently) only CD 'Brief Strop' online, but don't know much about her for the rest - I'm not even sure she is even British, but the CD I have was manufactured in Europe, so I'm guessing that's also where she is from. Have any of you heard more about her? Not a day has gone by over the past two months that 'Brief Strop' hasn't been in my CD player, so I'd love to find out if she has done anything else.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Are you excited about the DS9 Novel Relaunch?
-If Series V is a prequel, will it renew interest in the Original Series?
-In Science Fiction & Fantasy: Is sci-fi dying?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines that appeared on TrekToday on Thursday the 22nd of April, 1999:
- DS9 Wrap Party Chat Today - The official Star Trek site was hosting a live chat from the site of the wrap party for 'Deep Space Nine,' which had finished filming a few days earlier.
- Is Sky Dumping Star Trek? - A new rumour suggested that British television station Sky One would give Trek a one-year breathing period, not just by choice, but also because Viacom was planning to set up its own science fiction channel.
- 'Strange Bedfellows' Fan Favourite - 'Strange Badfellows,' one of DS9's Final Chapter episodes, was rated with a 9.4 at the Spoiler-Free Opinion Summary, making it the highest-rated episode of the season and the third-highest rated DS9 episode ever.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! The new poll, like the poll we had right after the Series V casting sheet was posted, asks you what you now think of the rumoured concept for the next Star Trek series:,
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Balance of Terror' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'Miri' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'The Neutral Zone' at 12:00pm, 'Miri' again at 4:00pm, DS9's 'A Man Alone' at 5:00pm and Voyager's 'Threshold' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Angel One' at 17:00 and at 0:00 GMT. At 20:00, they will be showing the new Voyager episode 'Flesh and Blood, Part Two.' Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Yorin will be showing DS9's 'Waltz' at 17:15 CET, while Net5 will be showing Voyager's 'Innocence' at 18:35. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!