Site ColumnsBy Caillan
February 20, 2002 - 10:58 AM
The University of Queensland obviously hasn't been doing its bit to save paper. I got sent a brochure this week describing the joys of all the campus eateries. Having already vowed to stay away from the lolly shop this semester, this did not help matters. I give myself about a week before I succumb to the delights of mix-n-match sweets.
On a side note, 'Broken Bow' is finally showing on Australian TV tonight. Anyone taking bets on how long it'll last before Nine shafts (haha) it? I'm thinking 8 episodes.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Could DS9 have shown more of the Maquis?
- What do you think of the Enterprise writing staff?
- Do you plan to watch 'Acquisition'?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on February 20, 2000:
- Robert Picardo Interview
Robert Picardo talked about being recognised in public for roles other than Voyager's holographic doctor.
I went to [the Netherlands] about two-and-a- half weeks ago. I was in line, waiting to change money at the airport and there was this little hubbub when they saw me. A gentlemen said, 'You are the doctor... on China Beach!' And I said, 'Yes, I am.' And he said [indicating a woman near him], 'Oh, she didn't believe me. She thought you were just the man who trained us here 10 years ago.' Everyone thinks I'm somebody they know, but [these two] had no idea that I had done anything other than play the doctor on China Beach."
- Bryan Fuller Interview
Voyager writer-producer Bryan Fuller ruminated on what would happen at the end of the series. "It would be nice to bring them all back with enough time to develop the effects of getting home," he said. "And then I'd like to send them all out on another wonderful journey."
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the Enterprise episode, 'Breaking the Ice'.Here's how the official site describes the episode:
Trip learns that T'Pol is transmitting secret messages to a Vulcan ship, which has been shadowing Enterprise for weeks. Meanwhile, Archer must attempt a dangerous rescue to recover two crewman stranded on a rapidly disintegrating comet.
More information about the episode can be found here in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Galaxy's Child' at 8:00 p.m and 'The Perfect Mate' at 11:00 p.m eastern time.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Turnabout Intruder' at 6:00 p.m eastern time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Sereis episode 'Space Seed' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m eastern time, with TNG's 'The Mind's Eye' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'The Maquis Part II' at 4:00 p.m, ant Voyager' 'Future's End (Part 2)' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom,
E4 will show the Original Series episode 'The Tholian Web' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT, with Sky One showing Voyager's 'Worst Case Scenario' at 17:00.
Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
In Australia, Channel 9 will be showing Enterprise's 'Broken Bow, Part I' at 10:30pm. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Night Terrors' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Imaginary Friend' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'The Cage' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'A Taste of Armageddon' at 10:00am Eastern Time, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'In Theory' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Wire' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Warlord' at 5:00pm, repeated at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Scorpion' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'The Conscience of the King' at 23:45. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!