Site ColumnsBy Caillan
December 19, 2001 - 8:20 AM
I've been fived. Sort of. Zeke's 5-Minute Parody of the Babylon 5 episode 'Atonement' features the Minbari Callenn speaking in a rather strong Australian accent. Read the hilarity here.
PS: I don't really speak like that. Honest.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Did you prefer Worf on TNG or DS9?
- Find out which ">episodes the Pocket Books editors & Trek authors like best.
- What kind of music do they listen to in the 22nd century?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on December 19, 1999:
- TV Zone Dawson Interview
Voyager actress Roxann Dawson (B'Elanna Torres) talked about her guest role on the now-cancelled UPN series Seven Days. "I'm used to working on a soundstage where everything is calm – there is no weather in Space – and suddenly I was out on a naval vessel in the middle of a storm," she said. "So that took some getting used to, but I still enjoyed myself. It was nice not having to wear the Klingon make-up that I do on Voyager. That allowed me a great deal of creative freedom that I haven't felt in a while as an actress."
- Trek Wins Bemmies
Star Trek was well represented in IGN Sci-Fi's annual 'Bemmie' awards. DS9's finale, 'What You Leave Behind' won Best Episode, while Robert Picardo (the Holodoc) walked away with the Best Actor award. Voyager tied with Farscape for Best Visual Effects, but was the sole winner of the Best Technobabble award.
Further news can be found in the archives.
Tuesday's article entitled 'Enterprise' UK Premiere Set For January should have included a thank-you to Sufian Ahmed.
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (9:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Unexpected'. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
When Trip is dispatched to assist an alien ship with its power source problems, he is delighted to have a friendly encounter with one of the ship's female engineers. But after discovering that their special moment has resulted in his becoming pregnant, he realizes he's had an unwitting experience with alien sex. Archer and his crew must then try and return the rapidly growing alien baby to its mother.More details about the episode can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Shades of Gray' at 8:00 p.m and 'Family' at 12:00 a.m eastern time.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Journey to Babel' at 6:00 p.m eastern time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Enterprise Incident' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m eastern time, followed by TNG's 'The Enemy' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'The Dogs of War' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'The Cloud' at 5:00 p.m and 10:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'This Side of Paradise' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT. Sky One will show Voyager's 'Jetrel' at 17:00. BBC 2 will show TNG's '11001001' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will show DS9's 'The Abandoned' at 18:00 ECT. NET5 will show Voyager's 'The Q and the Gray' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Evolution' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and TNG's 'Brothers' at 11:30pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Friday's Child' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Paradise Syndrome' at 10:00am Eastern Time, with a repeat at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Price' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'What You Leave Behind, Part I' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Eye of the Needle' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Learning Curve' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'Civil Defense' at 18:00 CET, while NET5 will be showing Voyager's 'Macrocosm' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing TNG's 'Who Watches The Watchers' at 23:30. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule!