Site ColumnsBy Caillan
May 19, 2002 - 11:59 AM
For those of you who caught yesterday's Hello World! when it said "by Caillan," rest assured that I have not yet gone over to the dark side of the TrekToday staff and ordered Final Fantasy X.
I've been a bit behind on computer games recently - I haven't had a chance to play Civilization III in months. So it was with great joy that I discovered they'll be releasing a Civ 3 expansion pack later this year. Okay, so it wasn't exactly great joy, because I'll have to fork out more money for a game that wasn't cheap to begin with, but I'm pleased features such as multiplayer will be included.
I can't wait to see what new civilizations will be included in the pack - I just love to take a comparatively insignificant people like the Etruscans and spreading their influence over the entire world. For that reason, I love to play on an authentic world map for that great 'What if?' feeling.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Is the Klingon cloaking device dishonorable?
- Which Trek game are you playing right now?
- Will there be an Imzadi III?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
This was one of the news items on May 19, 2000:
- 'Andromeda' Set Report
Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda developer Robert Hewitt Wolfe talked about the series's shooting schedule. Asked why they were filming episode three first, he replied, "so we could get some of the bugs out before we did the premiere episode [...] In case there were things that were going to be troublesome, we could deal with them in episode three instead of episode one. We wanted to put our best foot forward." Further information on the series can be found at our sister site, Slipstream Web.
More news can be found in the archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! Please participate in our new poll, which asks whether you'll be buying the Enterprise soundtrack.,
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Gambit, Part I' at 10:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'Gambit, Part II' following at 11:00 p.m.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Desert Crossing' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, BBC 2 will show the Original Series episodes 'Spock's Brain' at 11:40 GMT, and 'Is There in Truth No Beauty?' at 12:10. Sky One will show DS9's 'Soldiers of the Empire' at 14:00, TNG's 'Night Terrors' at 15:00, 'Identity Crisis' at 16:00 and Enterprise's 'Oasis' will be shown at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Second Chances' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'All Good Things, Part I' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Wink of an Eye' at 6:00pm Eastern Time and 'Amok Time' at 7:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Chain of Command' at 16:00 GMT, Voyager's 'Unimatrix Zero' at 17:00, and Enterprise's 'Detained' at 20:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, V8 will be showing TNG's 'Hero Worship' at 18:00 ECT, while Ned2 will be showing Voyager's 'Prophecy' at 20:35. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!