Site ColumnsBy Caillan
September 18, 2002 - 1:32 PM
After noticing that Zap2it's TV Gal has weighed in with her Emmy picks, it's time for me to do the same. As is usual with me, expect much bias towards Alias & The West Wing, and fans of Everybody Loves Raymond are advised to go no further. Let's begin...
Oustanding Drama Series
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Law & Order
Six Feet Under
The West Wing
Who Should Win: Alias
Who Should Win Who Is Actually Nominated: Six Feet Under
Who Will Win: Six Feet Under
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series
Michael Chiklis (The Shield)
Michael C. Hall (Six Feet Under)
Peter Krause (Six Feet Under)
Kiefer Sutherland (24)
Martin Sheen (The West Wing)
Who Should Win: Peter Krause
Who Should Also Win Because I Really Like His Performances: Martin Sheen
Who Will Win: Kiefer Sutherland
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series
Jennifer Garner (Alias)
Amy Brenneman (Judging Amy)
Frances Conroy (Six Feet Under)
Rachel Griffiths (Six Feet Under)
Allison Janney (The West Wing)
Who Should Win: Frances Conroy
Who Should Win A Special Consolation Prize: Jennifer Garner
Who I Think Is Really Great But Has Two Emmys Already: Allison Janney
Who Will Win: Jennifer Garner
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Victor Garber (Alias)
Freddy Rodríguez (Six Feet Under)
Dule Hill (The West Wing)
Richard Schiff (The West Wing)
John Spencer (The West Wing)
Bradley Whitford (The West Wing)
Who Should Win: Victor Garber
Who Will Win: Someone from The West Wing. Probably John Spencer.
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Tyne Daly (Judging Amy)
Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under)
Stockard Channing (The West Wing)
Janel Moloney (The West Wing)
Mary-Louise Parker (The West Wing)
Who Should Win: Lauren Ambrose or Stockard Channing
Who Will Win: Stockard Channing
Who I Really Don't Want To Win: Mary-Louise Parker
I've refrained from commenting on the Comedy nominations, because I don't particularly like many of the shows which were nominated, especially Everybody Loves Raymond. And every Comedy category should have had a Gilmore Girls nominee.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Why are Trek captains never busy?
- How did you first encounter Voyager?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on September 18, 2000:
- Bill Margol Interview
Salvador Nogueira interviewed Bill Margol, the executive producer of the Sci-Fi Channel's Original Series special editions.
"There were never any plans to re-do any of the special effects. It was an idea that was suggested at the very beginning of the project as a possibility, but we knew from the very beginning that the costs of doing that would be prohibitive. Plus we had other concerns with doing something like that. I have a few objections to that concept that I'll get into below. We were more concerned with showing Star Trek in the best light possible, with new digital transfers and audio re-mixes."
The full interview can still be found here.
- Stan Lee Media Developing 'Gene Roddenberry's Starship'
Stan Lee Media announced it would be developing the "newly discovered" Roddenberry project 'Starship' into a new internet entertainment franchise. The new project would be "a rich media community with innovative interactive storytelling, themed games, creativity and community tools and e-commerce and participation by a global fan base in the development of the franchise."
- Site Columns
TrekToday gained its very first editor not named Christian, with Amy Hightower penning her inaugural Hello World!
More news items can be found in the archives.
In the September 15 article 'Star Trek Bridge Party Report' it was stated that Andrew Robinson (Garak) said he was "two-thirds of the way finished in writing a book for Simon and Schuster focusing on the character of Damar in a DS9 three-book saga." However, this is in fact not the case. We sincerely apologise for the error.
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the conclusion to last season's climax, 'Shockwave, Part II'. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
Intent on stopping Archer and Enterprise's mission, the diabolical Suliban take the crew hostage when it is discovered that Archer has mysteriously disappeared off the ship. While stuck in the decimated remains of the 31st century, Archer and Daniels work to find a way to get back to Enterprise; and Daniels worries that the future existence of The Federation may be in jeopardy as a result of his impulsive action to remove Archer from Enterprise, forever changing the course of history.
More information about the episode can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'The Price' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'The Best of Both Worlds, Part II' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Gamesters of Triskelion' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Way to Eden' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'Captain's Holiday' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'The Nagus' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Prototype' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Metamorphosis' at 14:00 GMT, while Sky one will show TNG's 'Evolution' at 17:00. BBC2 will show TNG's 'The Ensigns of Command' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Vengeance Factor' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and TNG's 'Remember Me' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Catspaw' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Menagerie, Part I' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'The Cloud Minders' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Tin Man' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Vortex' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Alliances' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Invasive Procedures' at 06:00 GMT, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'Journey To Babel' at 14:00, and Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Survivors' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing TNG's 'Galaxy's Child' at 23:50. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!