Site ColumnsBy Caillan
August 15, 2001 - 10:32 AM
At the site, you're asked a series of questions so that it can create a 'virtual you.' After lying my way through questions about weight, height and build, I was confronted by something that looked like it had walked off a department store window display.
But after inputting more, er, 'honest' answers, the model looked much the same (ie: nothing like me). The actual point of the site is so that your virtual model can try on clothes for you whilst shopping online. I must say, my spunky virtual alter ego looked quite fetching in a number of very flattering outfits.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'll just go and alter the particulars of my action figure...
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Do you wish that The Original Series had featured more female characters?
- Will Enterprise have a new character by season four?
- Should Series V have been in the 29th century?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
This was one of the most important news headlines on August 15, 1999:
- TOS DVD Review
Two years ago, the first episodes of The Original Series had only just been released in DVD format. Steve Tannehill at the DVD Resource lamented that there weren't more episodes on each disc. "Paramount is clearly packaging these discs with maximum profits in mind," he wrote. "Although a dual-layered (DVD-9) disc could easily hold three episodes and probably four, we are only getting two episodes on a single-layered (DVD-5) disc."
More news can be found in the archives.
Yesterday was the birthday of former Voyager executive producer Brannon Braga, now co-creator and executive producer of the latest Star Trek series, Enterprise.
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be repeating Voyager's 'Author, Author.' Here's how the official Star Trek site describes the episode:
As the U.S.S. Voyager gets closer and closer to the Alpha Quadrant, a new means of direct yet brief communication with Starfleet is established, allowing the crew a few minutes each to communicate with family and friends. The Doctor may not have any family or friends on Earth, but he does have a holo-novel to pitch to publishers - the story of a ship stranded on the other side of the galaxy with a strangely familiar crew; a crew that barely tolerates their holographic doctor who lives in virtual slavery...
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'This Side Of Paradise' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Obsession' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Aquiel' at 12:00pm, 'Obsession' again at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Paradise Lost' at 5:00pm, and Voyager's 'The Fight' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'The Conscience of the King' at 14:00 and 18:00GMT, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Drumhead' at 17:00 and at 00:55, and BBC Two will be showing DS9's 'Strange Bedfellows' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Versuchskaninchen' ('Allegiance') at 16:00 CET.
- In the Netherlands, RTL 5 will be showing DS9's 'Chimera' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- Unfortunately were are unable to bring you the Sci-Fi Channel listings due to a problem with the official Star Trek site.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'Wolf In The Fold' at 10:00am, with a repeat at 4:00pm, TNG's 'Face Of The Enemy' at 12:00pm, DS9's 'Crossfire' at 5:00pm, and Voyager's 'Think Tank' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Half A Life' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Picard macht Urlaub' ('Captain's Holiday') at 16:00 CET.
- In the Netherlands, Ned2 will be showing Voyager's 'Fury' at 17:10 CET, and RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'Badda-bing, Badda-bang' at 18:00. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing The Original Series's 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?' at 11:30pm and Channel 9 will be showing Voyager's 'Relativity' at 12:00am. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule