Site ColumnsBy Caillan
August 12, 2001 - 11:28 AM
Christian Höhne Sparborth, webmaster and founder of the TrekNation, today announced the creation of action figures based on the TrekToday editors.
"It's been my dream to be immortalised in plastic for some time," Sparborth said in a pre-released statement from his secret headquarters in The Netherlands. "We've joined forces with Plastic Incarnations, Inc, to create action figures of the three TrekToday editors."
"These will be the most authentic recreations of any Internet webmasters ever," said Martin C. Haversham, president of Plastic Incarnations. "Each TrekToday editor not only comes fully poseable, but also with unique accessories."
According to Haversham, the 'Christian' action figure will come complete with laptop, mobile phone and a stack of Roxette CDs. "This is a must-have for any real TrekToday enthusiast," he said.
The other editors have not been neglected, however. For 'Lisa' fans, her action figure, rumoured to be based on the plastic incarnation of Seven of Nine, is available with hairbrush and a small King Charles Spaniel. The 'Caillan' edition will come complete with a pile of history textbooks.
Not wishing to deprive true fans of the ultimate experience, a TrekToday 'Newsroom Playset' will soon be making its way onto shelves. Complete with computers, fax machines and scanners, enthusiasts can re-enact a real news day at the TrekNation headquarters.
The figures and playset are expected to hit stores by the last quarter of 2001.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Which episode do you think would work best as the Original Series's final episode?
- Is Kira the best written female character in science fiction or fantasy?
- If you were Star Trek's Executive Producer, who would be on your writing staff?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news headlines on August 12, 1999:
- Wolfe Confirms 'Phoenix Rising'
Former DS9 writer/producer Robert Hewitt Wolfe, confirmed reports of a 'Phoenix Rising' television series. "I am working on the project, it's based on material by Gene Roddenberry, Kevin Sorbo is attached, and Tribune is producing," he said. This project eventually turned out to be Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, starring Sorbo as Captain Dylan Hunt. More information on the series can be found at our sister site, SlipstreamWeb.
- Jerry Goldsmith Interview
Regular Trek composer Jerry Goldsmith talked about the reactions of fans to his concerts and appearances. "Star Trek is such an international phenomenon now," he said. "In a recent concert I gave in Aberdeen, 40 people came in full STAR TREK regalia. In Budapest, the fan club besieged me before the concert. The first movie they wrote off the foreign on it, but now it's growing and growing all over."
More news can be found in the archives.
Happy 89th birthday to Jane Wyatt, who played Amanda, Spock's mother, in The Original Series's 'Journey To Babel' and the feature film 'Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.'
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'The Return Of The Archons' at 10:00am Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'Journey To Babel' at 10:00am, followed by TNG's 'Chain Of Command, Part I' at 11:00am.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Next Phase' at 14:00 GMT, followed by 'The Inner Light' at 15:00.
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing Voyager's 'Dame, Doktor, As, Spion' ('Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy') at 16:00 ECT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'Space Seed' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'Friday's Child' at 10:00am Eastern Time, with a repeat at 4:00pm, TNG's 'Chain Of Command, Part II' at 12:00pm, DS9's 'Our Man Bashir' at 5:00pm and Voyager's 'The Disease' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Nth Degree' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00, and Voyager's 'The Chute' at 21:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Datas Nachkomme' ('The Offspring') at 16:00 CET.
- In the Netherlands, Ned2 will be showing Voyager's 'Live Fast And Prosper' at 17:10 CET, and RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'The Emperor's New Cloak' at 18:00. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing The Original Series's 'The Naked Time' at 11:30pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule