Site ColumnsBy Michelle
November 12, 2003 - 4:46 PM
Reasons for me not to see The Matrix: Revolutions:
1) Terrible reviews. I mean, terrible reviews, not only by critics but by my friends. Now, being a critic, I tend never to trust them (heh) and my friends and I often have vastly different taste, but the level of vitriol is troubling. Besides, it's 2) supposedly very violent and 3) movie tickets are expensive. And 4) I just bought all the Return of the King photo books and The Two Towers extended edition comes out next week and I can probably survive happily on Lord of the Rings hype until December.
Reasons for me to see The Matrix: Revolutions:
1) Trinity. 2) It's the Wachowskis; can it really be that awful? 3) And if I need a trivial excuse, I'll probably get to see the trailers for both Return of the King and Troy. What to do, what to do, what to do.
Meanwhile, I have a pass to the area premiere of Master and Commander tonight. So my Enterprise review will be a day late as I indulge my affections for Russell Crowe, Peter Weir and sea epics!
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items from early November 2001:
- Shatner Promises Laughs On 'Iron Chef USA'
"It's cooking meets the World Wrestling Federation. So the women can watch for the cooking, the men can watch for the activity and we all can watch and laugh," said William Shatner about his upcoming gig hosting Iron Chef USA, which he said promoted the theme of taking the time to smell the garlic.
- Trek Stars Entertain Fans At The Galaxy Ball
Robert Beltran hosted the fourth annual Galaxy Ball to support several charities. He was joined by Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes from Star Trek: The Next Generation, Rene Auberjonois from Deep Space Nine and his Voyager co-stars Roxann Dawson and Robert Picardo among others.
- Wil Wheaton To Appear In 'Nemesis'
On his official site, Wil Wheaton announced that he had accepted an offer from Paramount to reprise the role of Wesley Crusher in Star Trek: Nemesis. He added that he would only be shooting for two days.
More news can be found in the archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
Please vote in our new poll asking your opinion of "North Star."
Today's Television Listings
Tonight at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, UPN will show Enterprise's "North Star". Here's the official synopsis of the episode:
Enterprise discovers a settlement of humans living a 19th-century Western lifestyle on a Delphic Expanse planet, so Archer and crew set out to learn how they got there.