Site ColumnsBy Lisa
September 11, 2002 - 1:17 AM
Okay, okay - can whichever grouchy deity the TrekToday staff offended please get over it already?
I went to the dentist today. He poked about in my maw for a while and came to the conclusion that I could do with losing my wisdom teeth. He says they don't have room to grow and they serve no purpose whatsoever - so they need to come out. Ow.
Now the thing is, Caillan has to go and get the same thing done very soon now (see here).
So is this some kind of international conspiracy by dentists against TrekToday staff? Did we print an article that managed to offend tooth fairies, who have decided that we must pay?
Whatever it is, please, show mercy!
I have already advised Christian to stay away from dentists just in case. It's getting scary.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Which series used an ensemble cast to best effect?
-If you had three wishes for Star Trek what would they be?
-Revisit the Enterprise episode 'Sleeping Dogs'.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Ensigns of Command' at 8:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Justice' at 9:00pm, TNG's 'Heart of Glory' at 10:00pm, and TNG's 'Transfigurations' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'The Deadly Years' at 6:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Naked Time' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'Whom Gods Destroy' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Deja Q' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Babel' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Parturition' at 5:00pm and 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'The Forsaken' at 06:00 GMT, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'The Changeling' at 14:00, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Up the Long Ladder' at 17:00, and BBC2 will be showing TNG's 'Peak Performance' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, Channel 9 will be showing Enterprise's 'Fallen Hero' at 22:30, while WIN Victoria will be showing 'Vox Sola.' TV1 will be showing TNG's 'The Loss' at 23:50. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Broken Bow'.
After decades of being held back from deep space exploration by the Vulcans, the human race makes its first venture into interstellar travel with Captain Jonathan Archer at the helm of the Enterprise NX-01. The Enterprise crew's mission is to return an injured Klingon - the first the human race has ever encountered -- to his people. But when a villainous race of aliens called the Suliban kidnap the Klingon, Archer and his crew must make an unexpected detour into another world to retrieve their precious cargo - and stave off a dangerous diplomatic interstellar crisis.
More on the episode can be found in the Trek Nation Episode Guide.
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Loud as a Whisper' at 9:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'The Measure of a Man' at 10:00 p.m, and 'Family' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'This Side of Paradise' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Let That Be..Last Battlefield' at 10:00 a.m And 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'A Matter of Perspective' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Captive Pursuit' at 4:00p.m, and Voyager's 'Persistence of Vision' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Mirror, Mirror' at 14:00 GMT. Sky One will show TNG's 'Manhunt' at 17:00. Channel 4 will show Enterprise's 'Silent Enemy' at 18:00, while BBC 2 will show TNG's 'Shades of Gray' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!