Site ColumnsBy Caillan
November 6, 2001 - 12:33 PM
Congratulations to my favourite non-sci-fi show, The West Wing on its impressive Emmy haul.
It was quite amusing to have one of the turkey scenes from 'Shibboleth' shown for Allison Janney's nomination - I had only watched the episode earlier in the day. I must say, I share CJ's pain at not being able to choose between the two turkeys, after all, the woman does have a Master's degree.
And I do love 'Noel' - the clip shown for Bradley Whitford. The use of music and images in that episode is simply amazing, although I think I like the conclusion to 'In Excelsis Deo' even more.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Do you look at TNG differently after seeing Enterprise?
- What are your thoughts on Rod Stewart's and Russell Watson's versions of 'Faith Of The Heart'?
- What did TOS fans think of 'The Andorian Incident'.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major headlines on November 6, 1999:
- More On Series V Rejection(s)
A letter from a Paramount insider revealed more about the original rejected Series V pitches, which apparently involved an 'X-Files meets Star Trek' idea matched with a time travel plot. Two years on, the latest series, Enterprise, is set to have a significant time travel component.
- 'Voyager Conspiracy' Synopsis
The following spoilers for the upcoming episode 'The Voyager Conspiracy' were revealed:
In 'The Voyager Conspiracy', Seven of Nine uncovers evidence that suggests that Voyager was actually sent to the Delta Quadrant with the knowledge of Starfleet Command on a very specific mission. As the crew explores the evidence, they realize that what Seven has uncovered seems to patch some interesting inconsistencies related to what happened in the very first episode.
- Garrett Wang No-Show
For the third time in a row, Garrett Wang (Harry Kim) failed to turn up for a live chat at StarTrek.com. Here's an extract from the chat log:
Guy: If you've just joined us, Garrett Wang has not shown up yet. MarcWade: We think he may have taken a well-deserved long weekend. Guy: We hope nothing has happened to him! If you see him this weekend (anyone going to Vegas?) Please ask him if he's alright! MarcWade: I'm sure he's fine (don't want to start any rumors). We all had high hopes for tonight. [...] Garrett really DOES want to chat with us. He said so. Things just haven't worked out. We're delighted that you all showed up for this event, though! Thanks everyone!
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Arsenal Of Freedom' at 8:00pm Eastern Time, with TNG's 'The Emissary' showing at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Dagger Of The Mind' at 6:00pm, with 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?' showing at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Interface' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:15. BBC2 will be showing Voyager's 'Life Line' at 18:00, followed by TNG's 'The Last Outpost' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'So nah und doch so fern' ('The Next Phase') at 16:00 CET.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'The Circle' at 18:00 CET, while NET5 will be showing Voyager's 'Twisted' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing Enterprise's 'Breaking The Ice'. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
Trip learns that T'Pol is transmitting secret messages to a Vulcan ship, which has been shadowing Enterprise for weeks. Meanwhile, Archer must attempt a dangerous rescue to recover two crewman stranded on a rapidly disintegrating comet.
For more information, see the TrekNation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Symbiosis' at 8:00pm Eastern Time, and TNG's 'Peak Performance' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'The Corbomite Maneuver' at 6:00pm Eastern Time, and Miri at 10:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Alternate Factor' at 10:00am, with a repeat at 2:00pm. TNG's 'Conspiracy' will air at 3:00pm, with DS9's 'His Way' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Imperfection' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Gambit' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Das zweite Leben' ('The Inner Light') at 16:00 CET.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'The Siege' at 18:00 CET, while NET5 will be showing Voyager's 'Parturition' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!