News BulletsBy Michelle
September 3, 2003 - 8:32 PM
- USA Today has a feature in the Life section discussing how returning series are changing:
Then there's Enterprise, which is trying to reinvent itself and rescue what could be a dying franchise. Do people still want to boldly go where Star Trek leads?
Thanks to MvRojo for the alert on the TrekBBS.
- The R2 Project has a report on the bonus material that will be available on the Region 2 DVD release of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, including a gag reel, a deleted scene at Mount Rushmore and an interview with director William Shatner. Paramount has not yet released information about the Region 1 DVD extras. Thanks to Pixel for the link.
- In related news, Section 31 has posted over 400 screencaps from Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.
- Monkee's review of Enterprise's second season is available here, just in time for the third season.
- Forbes reports that General Electric has won the bidding to acquire Vivendi Universal's assets, meaning that NBC, the channel which aired the original Star Trek, will be owned by the same parent company as Sci-Fi, which currently shows original series reruns.
- Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway)'s interview with Soap Opera Digest is available at Totally Kate!
- The Ithaca Journal has a follow-up report on William Shatner's charity ride in the Finger Lakes.
- Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) and Penny Johnson Jerald (Kasidy Yates) participated in the Dress for Success event August 19th in Los Angeles to help raise money to provide professional clothing for disadvantaged people to wear to job interviews. Thanks to TrekWeb for the information.