News BulletsBy Michelle
September 2, 2003 - 10:21 PM
- Patrick Stewart (Picard) will read H.G. Wells' "The Star" on Radio 3 Britain (90.2-92.4Mhz) on Thursday, September 4th. Thanks to The Patrick Stewart Network for the alert.
- Event organizer Benjamin Thomas reports that despite torrential rains that cancelled the motorcycle portion of The Legend Ride on September 1st, William Shatner led a car tour in the Finger Lakes region of New York, stopping at nearby vineyards for lunch and wine before signing autographs and posing for photos on a boat. The event raised money for Shatner's charity horse show.
- Shatner also answered more fan questions on his official site, including his sadness about rancor from former castmates that was never expressed to him directly, "tremendous sadness" at the death of DeForest Kelley and his support for the recent Gulf war. He expressed admiration for Star Wars creator George Lucas and said "briefs" to the inevitable underwear question.
- George Takei (Sulu) will moderate a panel on racial insensitivity in Charlie Chan films during a film festival on the Fox Movie Channel on September 13th, according to Zap2It.
- TV Guide's Matt Roush has a quote from the Enterprise season premiere and notes that the episode "is promising, but the real challenge arrives October 1, when WB's transplanted Smallville goes opposite it."
- Whoopi Goldberg (Guinan) told The Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel that her new self-named NBC sitcom, which premieres on Tuesday, September 9th, would crack jokes at the expense of President Bush and address fears about terrorism.
- Tim Russ (Tuvok) appears in the October Astronomy Magazine in an article, "Stars on the Stars", about celebrities who enjoy astronomy. Thanks to Daniel for the heads up.
- The LCARS Computer Network and the Starfleet Communications Network are having a contest to give away an Art Asylum sealed, numbered limited edition Enterprise Away Team Doctor Phlox figure, autographed by John Billingsley.
- The Scott Bakula Fan Forum has a post stating that Enterprise director Jim Contner, who has also helmed 18 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, will appear at BuffyFest San Diego.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.