Site ColumnsBy Caillan
September 3, 2002 - 10:49 AM
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Pick your favourite TNG death scene.
- What do you think of Nurse Chapel?
- In Science Fiction & Fantasy: Is Firefly in trouble?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on September 2 & 3, 2000:
- TNG People Interviewed
In a TNG roundup news item, Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) talked briefly about Trek X ("It's shaping up very nicely"), Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) mused about typecasting and director Cliff Bole recalled helming 'The Best of Both Worlds.'
- Kate Mulgrew Interview
In an interview with the Star Trek Magazine, Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) talked about her character's relationship with Seven of Nine:
I think [the relationship with Seven of Nine] could continue to evolve very nicely in a sort of student-mentor way. [...] Seven will have so many difficulties in Federation space, I think. She'll need to find a different kind of sea legs, and an even more provocative way to show her humanity will be when this ship finally lands: who will Seven be when she has to finally and quite deliberately confront her humanity?
More news items can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Manhunt' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'Hollow Pursuits' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'I, Mudd' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Tholian Web' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'The Vengeance Factor' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Emissary Part 1' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Initiations' at 5:00 p.m
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'The Alternative Factor' at 14:00 GMT. Sky One will show TNG's 'The Royale' at 17:00, with BBC2 showing 'Manhunt' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing Enterprise's 'Two Days And Two Nights' at 8:00pm Eastern Time. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
When the crew takes shore leave on the famous pleasure planet of Risa, Archer has a mysterious encounter with an alien woman; Hoshi has a surprising romantic rendezvous; Mayweather has a rock-climbing accident; and Trip and Reed go clubbing only to end the evening as unwitting victims of robbery. Meanwhile, Phlox stays on board the Enterprise with T'Pol to take his annual 48-hour hibernation and exhibits some uncharacteristic oddities when they have to wake him up after an injured crew member returns from shore leave.The episode will be followed by the first-season finale, 'Shockwave'.
Starfleet orders Enterprise to return home when the crew seemingly causes the destruction of an alien planet they were exploring. Archer is visited by former crew member Daniels, who traveled through time to warn him that the Suliban are trying to sabotage Enterprise's mission, and the two travel through time to try to thwart the Suliban's plans.
Further information is available in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Emissary' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' at 9:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Metamorphosis' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Turnabout Intruder' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'Plato's Stepchildren' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Defector' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Emissary, Part II' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Projections' at 5:00pm and 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Battle Lines' at 06:00 GMT, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'City on the Edge of Forever' at 14:00, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Time Squared' at 17:00, Channel 4 will be showing Enterprise's 'Cold Front' at 18:00, and BBC2 will be showing TNG's 'The Emissary' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing TNG's 'Reunion' at 23:50. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!