Site ColumnsBy Caillan
November 2, 2002 - 9:10 AM
Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and rearranged my computer layout to be more ergonomically correct, since the position I'd been sitting in for the last few months wasn't particularly good for my back, even if I was able to watch TV and use the computer at the same time.
Unfortunately, in rearranging everything on my desk (and moving the desk itself), I discovered something else that needed doing when I managed to disturb several layers of dust and spent the rest of the afternoon sneezing.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Should Trek do special holiday episodes?
- How would you characterise Captain Maxwell?
- Why do 22nd-century Klingons use the transporter?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on November 2, 2000:
- Majel Roddenberry Interview
Majel Roddenberry talked about her involvement in the new Gene Roddenberry series Andromeda. "I've been awful lot of hands off on that. We've got people up there who are absolutely capable of taking care of all the day-by-day stuff that goes by. Kevin [Sorbo] is there and I would trust Kevin with my life, so I don't see any need to go any further."
- NBC Expresses Interest in Trek V
According to trade paper the Hollywood Reporter, Original Series network NBC was interested in picking up the fifth Star Trek series. Eventually the series ended up on the home of Star Trek: Voyager, UPN.
- Galaxy Ball Reports
Jeff Koga attended Robert Beltran's (Chakotay) 'Galaxy Ball,' which raised over $40,000 for the Down Syndrome Association of Los Angeles. Among the items up for auction were Patrick Stewart's (Jean-Luc Picard) blue jeans.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Deadly Years' at 10:00 a.m Eastern time, with TNG's 'The Mind's Eye' at 11:00 a.m, DS9's 'The Wire' at 12:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Darkling' at 1:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show Voyager's 'Scorpion (Part 2 of 2)' at 15:00 GMT, with 'The Gift' at 16:00 and TNG's 'First Contact' at 17:00. Channel Four will show Enterprise's 'Acquisition' at 16:40. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Justice' at 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Symbiosis' at 3:00pm, TNG's 'Up the Long Ladder' at 4:00pm, TNG's 'Hollow Pursuits' at 5:00pm, TNG's 'Silicon Avatar' at 6:00pm, TNG's 'The Outcast' at 7:00pm and TNG's 'Lessons' at 8:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Enterprise's 'Marauders' at 8:00pm Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, S4C will be showing Enterprise's 'Acquisition' at 11:05 GMT, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Day of Honour' at 14:00, Voyager's 'Nemesis' at 15:00, Voyager's 'Revulsion' at 16:00, Channel 4 will be showing 'Oasis' at 18:40, and Sky Movies Cinema 2 will be showing 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' at 21:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Ort der Finsternis' ('Dark Page') at 16:00 CET and Voyager's 'Der gute Hirte' ('Good Shepherd') at 17:00.