Previous | Return to the Episode Guide | NextDownload the Promo | Read the Review | Read the Parody
Episode Title: 'The Xindi'
Episode Number: 301
Synopsis: "Six weeks into the Delphic Expanse, Captain Archer and his crew learn of a Xindi working at a mining colony, and set out to track him down and gain information about the mysterious antagonistic race."
Original Airdate: September 10, 2003Credits
Rerun: June 02, 2004
Fan Rating: 7.3/10 (Full Poll Results)
Written By: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga
Directed By: Allan Kroeker
- Season three reportedly begins filming on June 26. (May 13, 2003 - TrekToday)
- Will introduce three new sets: a command centre, the brig and a third still being kept under wraps. (July 11, 2003 - TrekToday)
- Marks the first appearance of Enterprise's new military contingent, the Military Assault Command Operations team (MACOs). (July 15, 2003 - TrekToday)
- Major Hayes is played by Steven Culp, whose Star Trek: Nemesis role of Commander Martin Madden was left on the cutting room floor. Madden would have been seen as the Enterprise-E's new first officer in the original ending of the film.
(July 15, 2003 - TrekToday)
- The crew reportedly discovers the whereabouts of the Xindi homeworld, but when they get their the planet is deserted. The aliens have gone underground to continue plotting the destruction of Earth. (August 08, 2003 - TrekToday)
- T'Pol uses Vulcan methods to help Trip sleep as the engineer struggles to cope with the death of his sister. (August 05, 2003 - TrekToday)
- Tucker Smallwood's Xindi-Humanoid make-up takes approximately 1.5 hours to apply. "It's a prosthetic that ranges from mid skull to my cheekbones, and so tight around my eyes, it actually changes my prescription." (August 18, 2003 - TrekToday)
- Brannon Braga: "The first episode of next season doesn't even open on Enterprise. It opens with the Xindi, in a very strange, mysterious place, with insectoid people."
(August 21, 2003 - TrekToday)
- TV Guide synopsis: "The third season opens with a new action-oriented style as the Enterprise hunts the Xindi who attacked Earth. But Archer and Trip's zeal to capture a Xindi leads them into a trap. This episode marks the debut of the MACOs, Enterprise's elite surface troops." (August 30, 2003 - TrekToday)
How Would You Rate 'The Xindi'?
29.7% - (480
29.5% - (476
13.6% - (220
Wasn't able to see it||
12% - (194
5.5% - (89
Didn't want to see it||
5.3% - (86
4.1% - (67
Total Votes: 1612