Strange New World
Episode Title: 'Strange New World'
Episode Number: 104
Synopsis: "Tucker, Mayweather and T'Pol go on a research mission to a seemingly uninhabited Earth-like planet where they become infected with hallucinogenic flower pollen that sends their imaginations into a state of paranoid overdrive. When a violent storm strands them on the planet, Archer must find a way to save them before they turn dangerously on one another."
Story By: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga
Teleplay By: Mike Sussman & Phyllis Strong
Directed By: David Livingston
- TV Guide Description: "The discovery of an Earthlike world proves irresistible to Trip, who persuades Archer to allow his survey team to camp on the planet's surface - unaware of a gathering storm. After relocating into nearby caves, members of the crew become convinced they are being watched."
- Kellie Waymire previously appeared in Voyager's 'Muse' as Lanya.
- Features the first example of the primitive state of transporter technology, with a crewman being beamed off the planet and materialising with rocks and leaves fused into his body. (August 07, 2001 - TrekToday)
- Rumoured to feature the crew encountering what they believe to be a friendly, uninhabited planet, but that turns out to be far more dangerous than they ever expected. Features some tension between T'Pol and the rest of the crew, as she is suspected of being in secret contact with the hostile aliens on the planet. (August 21, 2001 - TrekToday)
- This episode was first repeated on the 12th of December, 2001.
- Michelle Erica Green - The Trek Nation
- Colin 'Zeke' Hayman - Fiver (Parody)
- Julia Houston - About.com
- Hercules - Ain't It Cool News - 2.5/5
- Jason Bates - IGN Sci-Fi - 3/5
- Omar - MightyBigTV - B
- monkee - monkee's place - 8.5/10
- Tim Lynch - Psi Phi - 6/10
- Matthew R. Heitzer - ScoopMe!
- Bonnie Malmat - Section 31 - B+
- Rick Norwood - SFSite - 2/4
- Jamahl Epsicokhan - Star Trek: Hypertext - 3/4
- Michael Hinman - SyFy Portal
- David E. Sluss - The Cynics Corner - 7/10
- Jacqueline Bundy - The Trekker Newsletter - 8/10
- Matt - Trek5.com - 2/5
- Ed Sum - TrekGuide - B
- Steve Perry - TrekWeb - 9.2/10
- Giselle La Roche - Voyager's Delights - B+
How would you rate 'Strange New World'?
37.3% - (997
25.8% - (689
13.9% - (372
Wasn't able to see it
13.1% - (352
4.2% - (114
2.8% - (75
Didn't want to see it
2.5% - (68
Read the Review
Read the Parody