News BulletsBy Caillan
September 29, 2004 - 9:15 AM
- Enterprise's Emmy Award-winning visual effects producer Dan Curry was recently interviewed by the Times-Standard Online. In the article, Curry briefly discusses his time at Humboldt State University.
- Virgin Atlantic's Richard Branson is planning to boldy go where no business mogul has gone before. CNN reported the entrepreneur recently launched plans to run commercial space flights, with the first ship to be branded the VSS Enterprise. Thanks to all the readers who submitted this news!
- An advertising slot during Enterprise this season reportedly costs $31,180, according to the lastest issue of Advertising Age. Thanks to Ian Smith for this!
- Michele E. Buttelman from The Signal recently attended his first Star Trek convention. "Star Trek was only a television show — but it stood for something. It gave a generation mired in war a chance to believe in peace. I wish this generation was as fortunate as mine — but I guess all they’ll get is Fear Factor."
- TV Guide's The Biz column ranks UPN's new Wednesday night series, Veronica Mars, among this season's less successful new shows.
- TV Shows on DVD has posted the cover art for the DVD of The 4400. Several Star Trek alumni were involved in the production of the series, including Rene Echevarria and Ira Steven Behr.
- Brazil's Rede 21 will start airing the original Star Trek series from next month. Thanks to Rudolf for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.