Site ColumnsBy Lisa
August 28, 2002 - 12:49 AM
Has anyone out there actually managed to dodge 200 lightning bolts in a row on Final Fantasy X?
My highest total so far is 106. Why oh why did they make this thing so difficult?
I also finished the final paperback 'Aya' book I have today - 'The Plains of Passage.' All in all, I haven't found it a bad series. On the other hand, it hasn't rocked my world either. The last lot of books I read that did knock me off my feet were the 'Deed of Paksenarrion' series.
I'm in no hurry to go out and buy the latest Earth's Children book in hardback form - I'll wait for the paperback edition. I had a break half way through the final book, and re-read Mary Gentle's 'Ash' series. Now that's a series of books with a gorgious blend of historical fact, science fiction and fantasy that I did enjoy.
Next on my list is Mary Gentle's Orthe series, which I'll admit I picked up on the basis of 'Ash.' I hope I enjoy it as much.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Suggest an alternate theme song for a Trek series.
-Which is youf favourite TNG season?
-How do Trek starships generate gravity?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Pen Pals' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'The Offspring' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Bread and Circuses' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Requiem for Methuselah' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'Is There In Truth No Beauty?' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Bonding' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Extreme Measures' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Cathexis' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Q-Less' at 06:00 GMT, Sky Movies Premier3 will be showing 'Trekkies' at 11:05, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'Space Seed' at 14:00, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Loud As A Whisper' at 17:00, BBC2 will be showing Voyager's 'Endgame, Part II' at 18:45, and Sky Movies Premier 3 will be repeating 'Trekkies' at 19:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Channel 9 (except in Victoria) will be showing Enterprise's 'Detained' at 22:45. In Victoria, WIN will be showing 'Oasis' at 22:45. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Fallen Hero.' Here's how the official site describes the episode:
When a Vulcan ambassador is accused of secretive criminal misconduct, Enterprise is asked to transport her back to the Vulcans. Following an attack by a corrupt alien race, T'Pol defends the Ambassador and, for the first time, asks Archer for his help. Meanwhile, after the Vulcan diplomat boards the Enterprise, alien weapons begin firing from hostile ships, putting everyone's lives at risk.An hour later 'Desert Crossing' will be shown.
When Archer and Trip are invited to a desert-like planet by an alien leader after they help fix his ship, they discover he is a terrorist who has lured them onto his planet under false pretenses. Meanwhile, T'Pol, while in command, faces a tough decision when she cannot locate Archer and Trip in the desert.
More iformation about both episodes can be foudn in the TrekToday episode guide.
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Q Who?' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'Sins of the Father' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Assignment: Earth' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Spectre of the Gun' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastner Time, with TNG's 'Booby Trap' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'The Dogs of War' at 4:00 p.m, Voyager's 'Faces' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show DS9's 'Dax' at 6:00 GMT, with TNG's 'Unnatural Selection' at 17:00. E4 will show the Original Series' 'A Taste of Armageddon' at 14:00, while Channel Four will show Enterprise's 'Fortunate Son' at 18:00. At 18:45, BBC 2 will show TNG's 'Up the Long Ladder.' Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!