Site ColumnsBy Caillan
November 26, 2001 - 1:35 PM
I am pleased to report that I did absolutely nothing of consequence today. I celebrated the commencement of my first post-exam week by playing Civilization III for hours on end, watching several Farscape episodes, eating food and generally just being a useless blob. Plus there was a double episode of Boston Public on tonight.
No doubt those of you concerned for my general well-being if this continues over the next three months will be relived to hear that I shall be getting out of the house tomorrow.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- What are your favourite Original Series non-verbal TOS moments?
- Did you like the DS9 Ferengi episodes?
- Where does the food come from on the Enterprise NX-01?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on November 26, 1999:
- Another Jason Alexander Interview
Jason Alexander (Kurros in Voyager's 'Think Tank') talked about his experiences donning an Original Series costume for UPN's 'Ultimate Trek' special. "The funny thing about putting on the original outfits, when you look at them in their pieces, they are really funky outfits," he said. "They are flared-out bell-bottoms that end at mid-calf, velour shirts, just bizarre little pieces of clothing."
- Mania Interviews Sirtis
Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) talked to Michelle Erica Green about her post-TNG life. "I remember when we first started and the original cast would say that they weren't really up on Next Gen, I couldn't believe that they weren't watching it, even out of curiosity," she said. "I find that I'm kind of in that same boat now. I watch occasionally, but on a certain level, it's too painful to see our successors. It just makes me wistful. I wish I was still doing it - I wish they'd put me back on!"
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Unnatural Selection' at 8:00 p.m and 'The High Ground' at 11:00 p.m, Eastern Time.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'A Taste of Armageddon' at 6:00 p.m and 'The Squire of Gothos' at 11:00 p.m eastern time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Friday's Child' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, followed by TNG's 'The Royale' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Once More Into the Breach' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'The Void' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT. Sky One will show the Next Generation's 'Journey's End' at 17:00. It begins a special 'Borg Night' from 20:00, wiht the TNG episodes 'Q Who?' at 20:00, and 'I, Borg' at 21:00. Voyager's 'Collective' will be at 22:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will show DS9's 'Whispers' at 18:00, while NET5 will show Voyager's 'Investigations' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'A Matter of Honour' at 8:00pm Eastern Time, and TNG's 'Deja Q' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'This Side of Paradise' at 6:00pm Eastern Time, and 'Arena' at 10:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Deadly Years' at 10:00am, with a repeat at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Time Squared' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Siege of AR-552' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Workforce, Part I' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Firstborn' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:10. BBC2 will be showing Voyager's 'Unimatrix Zero' at 18:00 and TNG's 'Haven' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'Shadowplay' at 18:00 CET, and NET5 will be showing Voyager's 'Deadlock' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing DS9's 'Shadowplay' at 23:30. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule