Site ColumnsBy Caillan
August 26, 2002 - 11:44 AM
It appears I was very, very wrong when I said that the Art Asylum figures didn't come with any accessories, as several people have reminded me. They not only come with phase pistols, scanners, and the like, but also an extra set of hands! Which I now remember reading a while back but must have filed into the "irrelevant information" part of my brain.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Write bad descriptions for good episodes.
- Why wasn't Uhura a linguist?
- Are you eagerly awaiting 'Star Charts'?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on August 25 & 26, 2000:
- Tim Russ Sister & Voyager Pitcher Interviews
Two interviews posted online took a look at different aspects of the Star Trek phenomenon. First up, Angela Russ-Ayon, the sister of Voyager's Tim Russ (Tuvok), spoke about running her brother's fan club:
process his fan mail so he can get through it. I attend conventions with him for the purpose of slepping and selling his photos, etc. for donations to his charities. I recommend and assist him with on stage entertainment for his conventions. And, finally, I am here for support he needs, emotionally or professionally - just as he is for me.
The Trekker Newsletter interviewed Brian Michael Scully, who regularly pitched stories to Voyager.
I've had (as of 8/22), I think it's eight or ten episodes in various stages of consideration or development. I had one Borg story, called "Scope", being championed by the staff for all of Season Six, but it was beaten out by "The Haunting of Deck Twelve" (which really ingratiates me, since that episode got an Emmy nomination -- that's MY nomination! :-) ). And then, in Season Seven, several Borg stories were already planned, so "Scope" died slowly. But it felt good knowing it was fought for by everyone.
- Patrick Stewart & Wendy Neuss To Marry Today
Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) tied the knot with former TNG and Voyager producer Wendy Neuss at the Bel Air Hotel in Los Angeles. The pair had been engaged since September 1997.
- Garrett Wang Fan Answers Online
Garrett Wang (Harry Kim) answered questions from fans about Voyager's final season.
John W., Sweden: Would you like the idea that Voyager never makes it home to Earth in the last and seventh season of the Voyager series, but instead does that in a possible future movie?
Garrett Wang: That's always been my belief that that would be the best deal for Voyager, is to just not let us come home, maybe have a cliffhanger, and finish up the whole series with a feature film, but of course that's not up to me, that's up to the producers and whatever designs they have on the finale.
More news items can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'The Icarus Factor' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'Yesterday's Enterprise' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Ultimate Computer' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show DS9's 'Captive Pursuit' at 16:00. E4 will show the Original Series episode 'The Return of the Archons' at 14:00 GMT. Sky One will show TNG's 'The Schizoid Man' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Pen Pals' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'The Offspring' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Bread and Circuses' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Requiem for Methuselah' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'Is There In Truth No Beauty?' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Bonding' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Extreme Measures' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Cathexis' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Q-Less' at 06:00 GMT, Sky Movies Premier 3 will be showing 'Trekkies' at 11:05, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'Space Seed' at 14:00, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Loud As A Whisper' at 17:00, BBC2 will be showing Voyager's 'Endgame, Part II' at 18:45, and Sky Movies Premier 3 will be repeating 'Trekkies' at 19:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, Channel 9 will be showing Enterprise's 'Detained' at 22:45. In Victoria, WIN will be showing 'Oasis' at 22:45. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!