News BulletsBy Caillan
February 26, 2003 - 10:20 AM
- An action figure of Patrick Stewart's (Jean-Luc Picard) The Simpsons character, Number One, will be released in April, according to the Patrick Stewart Network.
- Nicole deBoer (Ezri Dax) has been added to the guest list for Creation Entertainment's official Star Trek convention in Las Vegas, August 1-3.
- Thomas Kopache (Kira Taban in DS9, Viorsa in VOY and Tos in Enterprise) will be appearing in the 14 March episode of Stargate SG-1 in the US, entitled 'Prophecy'.
- Over at SciFi.About.com, Julia Houston has posted her review of Enterprise's 'Future Tense.' Here's an excerpt from the article:
The upswing in Enterprise quality continues with an intriguing and suspenseful episode. Here are the kind of episodes I wanted when I asked for the crew to make mistakes. Archer really knows better than to hang on to the ship, but he wants to be a hero, he wants to solve a problem, even though it's clearly beyond his abilities.
The complete analysis can be found at this page.
- Jud Taylor, who directed several episodes of the Original Series, will be honoured with a Directors Guild of America award on March 1, StarTrek.com reported.
- Mark Simpson reviews 'Star Trek: The Adventure' and looks at the differences between the Original Series and its PC successors at Salon.com.
- The New York Post takes a very brief look at the Deep Space Nine season one DVD set in its DVD column.
- Rob Lowman at the San Bernardino County Sun had more to say about the DS9 package, praising the show's "complex view of the galaxy" and "excellent cast."