News BulletsBy Michelle
August 24, 2004 - 8:27 PM
- Planet Xpo has announced that in addition to the original series stars expected at the James Doohan Tribute weekend, astronaut Neil Armstrong, Next Generation stars LeVar Burton and Wil Wheaton, Voyager stars Tim Russ and Roxann Dawson as well as others will be present.
- Russ announced at SWECON 2004 last weekend that his independent movie East of Home Street, which he screened at the convention, will be released on DVD in September. Tim Russ Tribute has information here and here.
- The eighth Galileo 7 Convention in Neuss, Germany has announced that due to professional commitments, Robert Duncan McNeill (Paris) and Roxann Dawson (Torres) will be unable to attend. In their stead, Rene Auberjonois (Odo) and Nana Visitor (Kira) will appear.
- Totally Kate! has new photos of Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) in Las Vegas from the convention earlier this summer.
- Zap2It reports that Leland Orser, who appeared on both Voyager and Enterprise, will join the cast of ER.
- There is a petition at StarTrekUKto get a Captain Kirk sculpture alongside Captain Picard's wax double at Madame Tussaud's in London.
- Quebec's French sci-fi channel Z will begin airing Star Trek: Enterprise this week at 8 p.m Monday. Thanks to Jean-Philippe.
- The Star Trek: Generations SE DVD will be available in Australia on October 7th, according to EZYDVD. Thanks to Adam Clark.
- TV Technology has an article covering the Borg Invasion 4D show at the Las Vegas Hilton.
- PhysicsWeb has an article on breakthroughs in transparent aluminum technology, made famous in theoretical form in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
- Trekpulse has posted 225 DVD screencaps from TNG's "Justice".
- TrekWeb is having a drawing to win Trekkies 2 on DVD.
- Sid City and Nanavision, the web sites for Alexander Siddig (Bashir) and Nana Visitor (Kira), are promoting the upcoming release of Trekkies 2 with drawings to win a pair of Tribbles.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.