News BulletsBy Christian
August 21, 2000 - 7:40 PM
- Andy Cobley at the R2 Project has put up an article looking at the Region 2 SF DVDs that have come out so far and that will be coming out in the future, also looking at what Trek DVDs Paramount is likely to release in Europe in the near future.
- Playboy just announced that the short animated film, 'Tripping the Rift', by Film Roman's Charles O. Austen and Chris Moeller, won the $25,000 prize in Playboy's first ever Playboy Comix and Animation Contest. The film, a Star Wars/Star Trek parody, features Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax) as the voice of lead character Six of One. The film can be viewed in its entirety by clicking here, which underage readers probably should not be doing.
- Elizabeth Haydon will soon be releasing a new novel, 'Prophecy: Child of Earth', from which all royalties will be donated to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. In order to promote the book, every day from August 14-31, DailyMysteryGuest.com will feature a celebrity reading a short excerpt from the book, including all nine 'Voyager' stars. Thanks go out to CARPE for this!
- David Henderson at Psi Phi has updated the official UPN 'Voyager' schedule, now including all reruns through the season premiere. The syndicated schedule has also been updated with a few weeks of new info.
- The Decipher site has been updated with an article explaining the origin and meaning of the 'theme' titles used by members of Decipher's marketing team.
- John Savage (Captain Ransom, 'Equinox') has joined the cast of the new FOX series 'Dark Angel', playing a character named Lydecker. Dark Angel is produced by James Cameron, while former DS9 staff writer Rene Echevarria is staff writer. Trailers for the series can be found here. Thanks go out to Shaun Aki for the news!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.