News BulletsBy Michelle
September 20, 2006 - 10:28 PM
- Paramount Domestic Television will air the remastered original series in Washington, DC, the final top 10 market to find a network on WDCA, formerly a UPN network, noted Broadcasting & Cable.
- Jerome Bixby's The Man From Earth has a cast including John Billingsley (Phlox), Tony Todd (Kurn) and other Star Trek alumni.
- Eleventh Hour starring Patrick Stewart (Picard) is now available from Amazon.com.
- Also now available at Amazon.com, The Miracle Match, which stars Stewart and John Rhys Davies (Leonardo Da Vinci).
- And speaking of Stewart, icHuddersfield reported that the actor has a bus named after him, a double-decker Arriva running between Leeds and Huddersfield in West Yorkshire.
- Astronaut and one time Star Trek guest star Mae Jemison will host Reality Leads Fantasy — Celebrating Women of Color in Flight in Chicago from October 6-7th. "Amazing women have always been integral to our understanding of the heavens, as well as our dreams and capacity to explore it," Jemison, a Uhura fan, told EURweb.
- CNN has a report on Star Trek fan and first female space tourist Anousheh Ansari.
- Totally Kate! has yet more photos of Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) at the summer convention at the Star Trek Experience, proving that what happens in Vegas doesn't really stay in Vegas.
- The special edition of Pet Sematery starring Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar) is reviewed at Fangoria.
- In a press release at Yahoo!, USA announces that it has picked up Michael and Shawn Piller's The Dead Zone for a sixth season.
- The Los Angeles Times has an article on the upcoming Christie's auction of Star Trek memorabilia.
- Bethesda Softworks has released four new screen shots for Legacy.
- Daren Dochterman, the digital effects supervisor for the Director's Edition of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, reviewed the remastered "Balance of Terror" at TrekMovie.com.
- Kentucky.com has an article about fan fiction.
- The first episode of the fan series Dark Armada is now available for download.
- TrekCore.com now has DVD caps from "The Clous Minders" and "The Savage Curtain".
- Sev Trek explains why Khan is not superior to Captain Kirk.
- The Trek Life reflects on the woes of Trekkie dating.
- Decipher has posted an interview with Star Trek CCG Second Edition 2006 world champion Caleb Grace.
- The reason so many of the new Doctor Who episodes are set on Earth instead of other planets, writer Russell T Davies tells BBC News, is that unlike Star Trek's "subscription-based programmes for a dedicated audience", the prime-time series has budget constraints.
- The Home News Tribune has an article on Star Trek fans and the series' 40th anniversary.
- The Sacramento News & Review has a report on fans at Creation's 40th Anniversary convention.
- Mike DeWolfe has posted a report and images from William Shatner (Kirk)'s appearance at the CAEAA Awards.
- And Delta Story has posted a recap with photos of the Creation Entertainment Star Trek 40th anniversary celebration in Chicago September 8-10 here.
- StellarCross has reviewed the 40th anniversary Crucible trilogy Provenance of Shadows by David R. George III.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.