Site ColumnsBy Lisa
September 20, 2001 - 11:37 AM
I went SHOPPING the other day. I capitalise the word because I took my credit card and gave into the urge to SHOP.
The latest Bjork CD, Vespertine was top of my must buy list. I love Bjork. She whispers, coos, screams, soars and dives, and her music is always wonderfully created. I'm still listening to it to get a feel for it properly, but I especially like the use of a music box on some tracks. Highly effective.
Not too sure I'd recommend it for new Bjork fans though. Post was my introduction to Bjork and still my sentimental favourite of her albums. You can't beat lyrics about dinosaurs and throwing things off a cliff. Delicious.
I also grabbed myself a new Playstation game. Anyone else got Sheep, Dog n Wolf yet? For some reason, this seems to have a different name in Europe than the US. How odd.
Anyway, its a great game in which you play as a Lonney Tunes wolf and have to attempt to steal sheep from Sam Sheepdog (the one with the orange fringe in his eyes) on Daffy Duck's gameshow. This is a game that makes you think like a loony tunes character. Imagine being Wile E Coyote and helping him come up with a new scheme to catch Roadrunner - complete with ACME supplies and a blueprint of the plan. Its full of the little cartoon touches - the stuff like feeling for the floor with a foot before you drop 200 feet down a ravine, a rather mean and aggressive bull who charges you into the air and then sniggers afterwards. Great fun.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Do you have a favourite Trek Paradoy?
-Pick your favourite Captain Janeway moment.
-What does the Federation Logo represent?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines from TrekToday on Monday September 20, 1999:
George Takei On LA Radio Show
George Takei (Hikaru Sulu) appeared today on the LA all-talk radio station 97.1 FM. In the late morning/early afternoon, they broadcast a radio show hosted by a DJ named Johnny B., and today one of his guests was Takei. Takei was on the phone for a good 15-20 minutes talking about a protest about the lack of Asians in the upcoming fall TV season. He plugged his own web site for people who wanted to find out how to contact the organizations behind the boycott. He also wanted fans to snail-mail McCluggage at Paramount in regards to the Captain Sulu TV series.
More headlines from that day canbe found in our September 1999 archives.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing 'The Omega Glory' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'That Which Survives' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Masks' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Begotten' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Child's Play' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Cost Of Living' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:30. BBC2 will be showing DS9's 'The Dogs Of War' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Der unbekannte Schatten' ('Identity Crisis') at 16:00 CET.
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing The Original Series's 'The City On The Edge Of Forever' at 11:30pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Ultimate Computer' at 5:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Lights of Zetar' at 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, followed by the Next Generation episode 'Eye of the Beholder' at 3:00 p.m. DS9's ;For the Uniform' will be shown at 3:00 p.m followed by Voyager's 'Good Shepherd' at 4:00 p.m, repeated at 10:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show the Next Generation episode 'Imaginary Friend' at 17:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Der unbekannte Schatten' at 16:00 ECT.