News BulletsBy Michelle
July 20, 2005 - 8:25 PM
- William Shatner (Kirk) says on his web site that his second Emmy nomination for playing Denny Crane, this time as a series regular on Boston Legal rather than as a guest star, is even more thrilling than the first.
- John Billingsley (Phlox) has posted on his web site that he and his wife Bonnie will be at Crescent City Con in New Orleans and that his wife is starring in a play in California.
- Trek Trak at DragonCon in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend will have a Miss Klingon Empire Beauty Pageant with celebrity judges, a critical panel on Enterprise with Connor Trinneer (Tucker) among others, a discussion on gays in Trek with writer Keith R.A. DeCandido among others and many other events.
- Patrick Stewart (Picard)'s fan club, The Patrick Stewart Network, has announced that it is becoming a web-based club with exclusive members-only content.
- Sid City has new photos of Alexander Siddig (Bashir) making an appearance in Tulsa.
- NBC has commissioned 13 episodes of The Book of Daniel, a series about an unconventional minister who talks to a modern incarnation of Jesus, which co-stars Susanna Thompson (Borg Queen), according to Sci Fi Wire.
- The Devil's Rejects, a new Western-horror film, stars Sid Haig, the First Lawgiver in the original series' "The Return of the Archons". Thanks to TrekWeb.
- Stuart Baird, who directed Star Trek: Nemesis, may edit Casino Royale, the 21st James Bond feature film directed by Martin Campbell, according to CommanderBond.net.
- Ricky Gervais talks about being an extra in films, including an alien on Star Trek, in The Belfast Telegraph.
- Robert Picardo (The Doctor) and Aron Eisenberg (Nog) are in the first season of Tales From the Crypt.
- StarTrek.com has a round-up of scientific developments in honour of Apollo 11 and the anniversary of the moon walk today.
- Also at StarTrek.com, the first of the "Desert Asteroid Episodes" collection - which Star Trek episodes would you choose out of all of them to be stranded with you?
- And the official site has some photos of James Doohan (Scotty), who passed away this morning, with a promise of more coverage to come.
- Spock from Star Trek is very popular on business school campuses and serving as a role model for exchange programmes, writes The Business Standard.
- The Star Trek Experience is offering backstage tours.
- The German Star Trek Index has a report on the book Chains of Command in German.
- Virtual Star Trek hosts script-based fan fiction.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.