News BulletsBy Michelle
August 19, 2003 - 11:39 PM
- Colm Meaney (Miles O'Brien)'s film The Boys From County Clare will have its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival, which begins September 4th.
- WilliamShatner.com has a report and photos on the Kirk actor's recent appearance at the Las Vegas convention earlier this month.
- Shatner will also participate in The Legend Ride motorcycle trip around Seneca Lake in New York on Labor Day to raise funds for the actor's Hollywood Charity Horse Show. Thanks to TrekWeb for the link.
- Thomas W. Kellogg, an industrial designer who helped to create the exteriors of Star Trek's shuttlecraft, has died at 71. The Associated Press reported on his work on the Avanti sports car and the DC-10 aircraft.
- Plans for a community centre for which Patrick Stewart (Picard) held a fundraiser earlier this year have been postponed by the local council, according to The Huddersfield Daily Examiner.
- A report at StarTrek.com details involvement by Trek celebrities in honoring The Martian Chronicles writer Ray Bradbury's 83rd birthday, in conjunction with the closest Martian approach to Earth in almost 60,000 years. Tim Russ (Tuvok), Robert Picardo (The Doctor) and others are quoted in the article.
- Ritualistic now has Star Trek: Elite Force II game development tools and tutorials available.
- MSNBC has an article on the SMART-1 European lunar mission powered by an innovative solar engine like some seen on Star Trek.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.