News BulletsBy Christian
July 19, 2000 - 11:59 PM
- Cinescape has posted a quote from Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) on Fox's preparations for a sequel to 'The X-Men': "Yes, everybody signed a two-picture deal on this. [...] Smart producers in this case, but also very happy producers."
- TechieGold.com, a job placement service for IT professionals, will soon be launching a print, radio and outdoor campaign featuring the site's mascot, the TechieGoldfish. The voice of the talking, animated goldfish will be provided by Ricardo Montalban (Khan). The campaign's creative director, David Abend, commented that Montalban "provides a fun, sage-like delivery that gives the TechieGoldfish an immediate familiarity and distinction. At the same time scores of IT pros - and non-IT pros alike - are familiar with Mr. Montalban's work, most notably as the scene-stealing Khan in the Star Trek TV and film franchises." Thanks go out to Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga for pointing me to the official press release.
- Tomorrow, William Shatner (James T. Kirk) will be a host at the Montreal comedy festival 'Just for Laughs'. Fortunately, tickets for his show are still available, unlike the ones for Tim Allen and Eric Idle. During the festival, Shatner will be performing three sketches written especially for the festival, according to this article.
- Star Trek is featured in a poll on the Yahoo! Clubhouse, asking for your favourite sci-fi movie. Star Trek is currently on third place with 16% of the votes, after 'The Matrix' (32%) and 'Star Wars' (31%), but ahead of, non-surprisingly, 'Battlefield: Earth' (2%) and 'Blade Runner' (1%), which is a big surprise for me. Thanks go out to Tony for this!
- The official Robert Beltran (Chakotay) Homepage has been updated with a page of photos from Beltran's appearance in 'Fahrenheit 452: The Art Police', the new online-only show by Tim Russ (Tuvok). The site also has several photos from a recent screening of 'Eating Raoul'.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.