News BulletsBy Michelle
May 18, 2005 - 9:19 PM
- StarTrek.com has a report on the finale viewing party co-sponsored by Roddenberry Productions and Trek United.
- Frasier star (and The Next Generation guest star) Kelsey Grammer has joined the cast of X3, where he will play Beast. Vinnie Jones will play Juggernaut, the villainous half-brother of Patrick Stewart (Picard)'s character Professor X. And Fox is negotiating with Maggie Grace of Lost to play Kitty Pryde. This news is from Dark Horizons.
- The Seattle Times has reviewed Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) in Tea at Five in Seattle. Thanks to Totally Kate! which also has a new page for Tea at Five's Baltimore run.
- The Louise Fletcher Appreciation Page has photos of Fletcher (Kai Winn) in the new film Finding Home. The movie co-stars Genevieve Bujold, who was originally cast as Captain Janeway.
- BusinessWire reports that The John Cleese Institute for Backup Trauma Viral Video for LiveVault generated over 75,000 downloads after one recent web posting. The film features a cameo by Michael Dorn (Worf).
- Nana Visitor (Kira) will not attend the Motor City Con as previously reported, notes Nanavision.
- Sev Trek has selected its punchline finalists.
- TrekPulse has new screen caps from Enterprise, Deep Space Nine and Voyager.
- The Star Trek Gaming Universe now has a podcast.
- There is also a Klingon podcast of reflections on the Scriptures using an experimental Klingon Bible.
- The Chicago Tribune via the Sun-Sentinel has a feature on the Best & Worst of Star Trek.
- I4U compares the new Sony PS3 system to Star Trek's holodeck.
- A new Star Trek fan series, Star Trek Unity, will bridge the gap between Enterprise and the original series using 3-D animation and voice actors.
- PoliBlogger has reviews and analysis of the last two Enterprise episodes.
- Soul of Star Trek has postmortem commentary on Enterprise.
- And SMRT-TV says goodbye to Enterprise as well.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.