News BulletsBy Michelle
March 16, 2005 - 10:03 PM
- Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) will be reprising her role on Two and a Half Men on Monday, according to The Futon Critic. Thanks to Jeriholics.
- Patrick Stewart (Picard) says that Star Trek has run its course, reports Sci Fi Universe.
- Sci Fi Universe also has video footage of the rally to save Enterprise in Orlando and coverage of the campaign in Asia.
- One of the million-dollar contributors to the campaign to save Enterprise chatted with fans at TrekUnited on March 15th. TrekUnited also has a report on the recent Grand Slam convention.
- Sci-Fi Wire is asking fans not to e-mail them anymore asking for the Sci-Fi Channel to pick up Enterprise:
Fans of Star Trek: Enterprise should not send e-mails to SCI FI Wire at the e-mail link in the left column requesting that SCI FI Channel pick up the show. SCI FI Wire is the daily news service of SCIFI.COM and has nothing to do with programming decisions at the network; e-mails asking the SCI FI Channel to renew Enterprise are just deleted.
- Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) will appear at the London Film & Comic Con on June 25-26th at Earls Court. In addition, Danielle Steel's Daddy, which stars Mulgrew as Sarah, will be released on DVD on April 19th, 2005 (thanks to Amazon.com.
- Amazon.com is also selling the second season of Columbo from 1972-73 on DVD, featuring the episode "A Stitch in Crime" guest-starring Leonard Nimoy. Trek alums Dean Stockwell and Julie Newmar also appear. Thanks to Alex.
- In gaming news, designer Glen Dahlgren talks some more to Gamespot about the upcoming Star Trek MMORPG.
- In addition, The WarCry Network revealed that Perpetual Entertainment, the developer of the Star Trek online game, has announced a new game called Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising, another MMG, to launch in the fall of 2005.
- Activision and Viacom have settled their lawsuit over the Star Trek videogame license agreement once held by Activision, which accused Viacom of not making Star Trek marketable, according to GamesIndustry.biz. Thanks to Kevin.
- And Decipher has announced a "Strange New Worlds" expansion to the Star Trek CCG.
- The Forward, a Jewish newspaper published since 1897, contains an article about the Klingon/Jewish wedding in the Star Trek: S.C.E. book Creative Couplings by Glenn Hauman and Aaron Rosenberg.
- The Digital Bits has a review of the Star Trek: First Contact collector's edition DVD.
- In UPN news, Reuters reports that Gina Gershon has joined the cast of the drama pilot The Lot and (via Yahoo!) that Chris Rock will star in his own UPN pilot.
- TrekPulse has published screencaps from DS9 season 5 episodes "For the Uniform", "In Purgatory's Shadow", "By Inferno's Light" and "Doctor Bashir, I Presume?"
- Sev Space has a new caption contest in which "Beta" loses his head.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.