News BulletsBy Michelle
September 14, 2005 - 9:03 PM
- George Takei (Sulu) is involved in seeking donations in Monterey Park for Hurricane Katrina victims, noted the Pasadena Star News.
- RPGamer has a review of X-Men Legends II which includes a voice-over by Patrick Stewart (Picard) as Professor X.
- Roxann Dawson (Torres) recalls screaming happily when her husband Eric Dawson received an Emmy nomination for Nip/Tuck, she told the Lincoln Journal Star. She talks about her work ethic as well.
- The BrandRepublic Bulletin reports that Kirstie Alley (Saavik), who starred in a sitcom called Fat Actress, is appearing in ads for Jenny Craig after losing 50 pounds on the diet.
- Official word arrives via The Futon Critic that Jolene Blalock (T'Pol) will appear on Lost on Wednesday, September 28th.
- SciFi reports on Tony Todd (Kurn, older Jake Sisko) in a recurring role on Stargate SG-1. Todd follows Robert Picardo (The Doctor), Blalock and others into the franchise. Thanks to Jeremie.
- The September issue of NWA World Traveler, the in-flight magazine for Northwest Airlines, includes an interview with actor Jeff Daniels, who recently recorded an album with a song titled, "If William Shatner Can, I Can Too." Daniels stated:
When people's careers slow down, they put out a CD. It's a phenomenon. God in heaven please destroy anything ever sung by Leonard Nimoy.Thanks to Rick.
- The trailer for Chase Masterson (Leeta)'s Take Out is now available at ChaseClub.com via a link from EMediaWire.
- Sid City has the new Syriana poster starring Alexander Siddig (Bashir).
- Sev Trek has launched a new caption contest.
- Capital News 9 has an article on Star Trek: New Voyages.
- The Star Trek: The Next Generation game Stranded is available for Sky customers, according to GamesIndustry.biz.
- At the TrekbBS. Pocket Books editor Marco Palmieri announced that The Eugenics Wars: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume Two by Greg Cox and A Time to Kill by David Mack are both going into second printings.
- In other book news, there is an excerpt of Star Trek: Titan: The Red King at Psi Phi.
- Sci Fi Pulse has posted part three of a series of interviews about Star Trek: Vanguard.
- Decipher has announced that, pending Paramount approval, the new CCG set name voted on by fans will be "These Are the Voyages."
- StarTrek.com has unveiled a new set of merchandise, including "The Trek Life" and "What Would Kirk Do?" t-shirts.
- Star Trek: Enterprise will be shown on the big screen for the first time in Germany in conjunction with the Galileo 7 Convention at the end of this month.
- Network Computing has a cartoon showing the original Star Trek cast dealing with communicator flip phones.
- And Christianity Today warns a concerned parent that Star Trek conventions and science fiction fandom can become a substitute religion.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.