Site ColumnsBy Amy
April 13, 2001 - 7:34 PM
Isnít it always the case that the one day you really, *really* want to sleep in, you get awoken at some obscene hour of the morning? You know, when the strange and rarely seen Day Star is rising rather than setting? Such happened to me today. Mind you, in addition to it being Good Friday by the Christian calendar, its also Black Friday ie, Friday the 13th, the superstition of which I actually believe is derived from said holy day Ė there were, after all, 13 people at the last supper.
At any rate, since, with luck, you wonít be hearing from me again until Monday, have a good Easter everyone, stay safe on the roads and try not to eat too much chocolate!
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Have a look at da Woim's 'Q2' review
-Who is the best choice for a Series V captain?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Two years ago today, Tuesday, April 13th 1999, these were some of the Trek Today headlines:
- New 'Rules of Netquisition' Contest Announced: Psi Phi announced that it would once more be holding the 'Rules of Netquisition Contest'. Prizes for the fifth and final outing of the contest included copies of the "DS9 Technical Manual", "Legends of the Ferengi", and "The 34th Rule".
- Digital Streams Creates New Trek CGI: Digital Streams put up a new, completely re-worked version of the Original Series' famous opening sequence as part of their re-worked version of 'The Doomsday Machine.' Unfortunately, the project was never completed.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series episode, 'What Are Little Girls Made Of' at 5pm.
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show Voyager's 'Nothing Human' at 06:00 (repeat at 16:00), DS9's 'The Begotten' at 14:00, 'For the Uniform' at 15:00 and Voyager's 'Thirty Days' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the original series episode 'Der Plan der Vianer' ('The Empath') at 14:00 (repeat at 01:25) and Voyager's 'Euphorie' ('Bliss') at 15:00.
- In the Netherlands, NED2 will show Voyager's 'Infinte Regress' at 17:10 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Pay TV channel TV1 is holding a 4-day Original Series marathon. Please check your local listings for times and episodes, or follow this link. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule