News BulletsBy Michelle
August 12, 2003 - 11:32 PM
- The Huddersfield Daily Examiner reports that plans for a community centre and sports club backed by Patrick Stewart will be discussed at a Kirklees Council planning sub-committee on Thursday. As previously reported, Stewart held a fundraiser for the centre.
- Parenting magazine has given its Gold Award for Best Children's Audio Book Ages 4 and Up to Bugsters!, which was written, produced and performed by Tim Russ with additional voices by Chase Masterson and Ethan Phillips among others. Thanks to Maria for this report from the convention in Leicester, England, this past weekend.
- On August 21, HBO will offer a behind-the scenes special on former Star Trek producer Ron Moore's new series CarnivŠle, scheduled to premiere on September 14th on HBO. Enterprise's Silik, John Fleck, is a cast member.
- Creation Entertainment has announced that, due to its inability to deliver all the Photo Ops purchased during the recent Las Vegas convention the company has set up a web site here to display all photos to be claimed.
- Creation has also announced early confirmations for the Grand Slam 12 convention in Pasadena from March 26-28, 2004 at the Pasadena Center. Guests will include William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Robert Beltran, Alexander Siddig and Dominic Keating.
- Warp 11, a band from Sacramento, was filmed in concert last month for a profile in Trekkies 2. Their songs include "Everything I Do, I Do With William Shatner", "7 of Mine" and "Red Alert". They will perform for free on Thursday, August 21 at the Powerhouse Pub in Folsom, California.
- Star Trek Norge has the Enterprise season three UPN promo available online.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.