News BulletsBy Caillan
June 12, 2003 - 11:03 AM
- The Star Trek Fan Association has posted a tribute to DeForest Kelley (Leonard 'Bones' McCoy), who passed away four years ago yesterday.
- A recent episode of the British spy series Spooks which featured Alexander Siddig (Julian Bashir) has received almost 1,000 viewer complaints because of its portrayal of Muslims. Read more at the BBC. Thanks to Chris Emmett for this!
- Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar) and the Trekkies 2 crew will be filming at the Canadian National Science Fiction Expo in Toronto from August 22-24. Leonard Nimoy (Spock) and Connor Trinneer (Charles 'Trip' Tucker) are also scheduled to attend. Thanks to Christine Bacro for this!
- Booker Bradshaw, who played Dr. M'Benga in the original Trek's "A Private Little War" and "That Which Survives", passed away in April this year. A special tribute can be found in the May 2003 issue of Written By. Thanks to 'teya' for this!
- The results of the SyFy Portal Genre Awards have been published. Enterprise received 13 nominations, but went home empty-handed "on the night".
- A report on the annual gathering of William Shatner's (James T. Kirk) official fan club is now up at the actor's official web site.
- Armin Shimerman (Quark) and Larry Nemecek (The Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion) will be holding a panel discussion entitled "Science Fiction/Non-Science Fiction" at Barnes & Noble in Los Angeles on June 14. Full details are up at StarTrek.com.
- The official site has also posted a feature article on Richard Herd (Admiral Paris).
- The Daily Deal reported World Wrestling Entertainment has bought back the 3% stake of UPN parent company Viacom. This will not affect the airing of WWE Smackdown on UPN.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.