Happy 40th Birthday Star Trek!By Michelle
September 11, 2006 - 3:58 PM
After technical difficulties over the past week, we're back! Many apologies for the lateness of this celebration.
- StarTrek.com has a feature on Star Trek at 40.
- CNN ponders Shatner, Nimoy and 40 years of Star Trek.
- TrekCore.com has released the first part in a series of rare photographs, as well as a special early release of 'The Cage' episode screen captures and the last six episodes of Star Trek's second Season. The site has also announced the winners of the 'Trek XI' Teaser Poster contest and will release more rare photos over the coming weeks and months as TrekCore celebrates Trek's 40th throughout the rest of the year.
- StarTrek-Online celebrates the franchise's 40th anniversary as well.
- Ex Astris Scientia presents an illustrated essay summarizing the history of the franchise and birthday messages from fans around the world.
- Soul of Star Trek has a new essay, "A Passion for the Future: The Soul of Star Trek", which summarizes some of the most important legacies of the soul of Star Trek, plus the last two segments of "Countdown to 40", which deal with Star Trek's roots in science fiction.
- BBC News discusses which of the televised series is the definitive Star Trek.
- Wired News is soliciting photos for a gallery in celebration of Star Trek's 40th birthday.
- Due to its success at the Las Vegas convention, Creation Entertainment decided to screen Grease Trek at its 40th Anniversary of Star Trek Conventions in Sacramento, Chicago and New York.
- The San Francisco Public Library is sponsoring a series of Star Trek films throughout September to celebrate the anniversary.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.