News BulletsBy Michelle
April 7, 2005 - 9:06 PM
- Film Stew reports that Famke Janssen (Kamala) has signed to return to the X-Men franchise despite her character's death in the last film; she will reportedly play Phoenix, the reincarnation of Jean Grey, in X-Men 3. Hugh Jackman will also return as Wolverine, while Patrick Stewart as well as Halle Berry and Ian McKellen are in negotiations to play Xavier, Storm and Magneto.
- Stewart (Captain Picard) has donated a signed hand print for auction to benefit the UK charity BBC Children In Need. The artwork is being sold on eBay and may be viewed by searching 'Original Ink Hand Print Art Work By Patrick Stewart'. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- William Shatner (Captain Kirk) will appear at the Galileo 7 convention from September 30th through October 2nd in Germany.
- Chase Masterson (Leeta) interviewed members of the cast of Shatner's Invasion Iowa for TheFandom.com.
- Shatner is hyped in New York magazine's Metro.com for having gone from "sci-fi beefcake to self-conscious punch line to legitimately lauded icon."
- Science Daily reports on "Star Trek-like technology being developed at The University of Arizona [which] might soon screen airplane passengers for explosives as they walk through a portal similar to a metal detector while hand-held units scan their baggage."
- PC Gamer has an interview with Glen Dahlgren about the upcoming Star Trek MMORPG.
- A PR Newswire article on lucrative film sequels cites the 10-film Star Trek franchise as a prime example of why studios support serial films.
- A news item at Sci Fi Wire claims that a contact at Paramount denies that there are any discussions going on with TrekUnited, the campaign to raise funds to save Star Trek: Enterprise. A TrekUnited spokesperson states that this is a case of one Paramount executive not knowing what another is doing.
- The first season box set of Star Trek: The Original Series will be available soon in Brazil, probably at the start of next month, according to Paramount Home Entertainment Brazil. Thanks to Rudolf.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.